LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gas prices..

Images
    GET A SCOOTER.....$700 and it can delivered to your door! Got mine from here: http://www.scooterdepot.us/
    Bought one after seeing everyone in Costa Rica riding everything with two wheels. It will pay for itself in 2 months. Cost me $68 to fill up my explorer...costs $5 to fill up my 150cc scooter...do the math. Got surf racks to haul my board to the beach. Ride it 5 miles down ocean blvd to work everyday when its not raining. Never had a dui and those that think a scooter is for losers can go ahead and keep paying $70 - $100 to fill their gas guzzlin vehicle up. I get 2 weeks of drivin for $5 bucks...PURA VIDA BROS!!!!!!!

Images

actually gnar

Quote Originally Posted by GnarActually View Post
    The thing that tick's me off is that people blamed Bush all the time over gas prices yet when Obama is President everyone says it's not his fault. Now I'm not a Bush fan nor an Obama fan but that's just not right.
    well, gnar, to begin with, you don't have to look far to see those who DO blame obama for high gas prices....it's a major tenet of newt's campaign. that aside, blaming bush is probably rooted along the lines that bush and his family have had close ties with the oil guys and other saudis, including the bin ladens (who are mostly into concrete of all things), and his administration WAS saying that his plan would lower prices, and when prices did go up, so did profits. that seemed fishy to lots of folks, fair or not.

Quote Originally Posted by GnarActually View Post
    Gas just shouldn't be traded on the commodities. If gas wasn't traded as a stock and our gov't cared about us it would be $1.50 easy.
    the free marketeers will argue that you can't regulate that, but when the current president makes the same accusation you do, they deny it has any effect...let's face it....there are powerful folks who have lots of money to keep influencing the few to take as much money as possible from the rest of us...the funny thing is all the rest of us are blaming each other.....effective plan.

i think we agree on one thing.... right now we are screwed
    but hey, 6-10 feet tmrw.....

Images

yamaha-ha-ha

Quote Originally Posted by imperial View Post
    GET A SCOOTER.....$700 and it can delivered to your door! Got mine from here: http://www.scooterdepot.us/
    Bought one after seeing everyone in Costa Rica riding everything with two wheels. It will pay for itself in 2 months. Cost me $68 to fill up my explorer...costs $5 to fill up my 150cc scooter...do the math. Got surf racks to haul my board to the beach. Ride it 5 miles down ocean blvd to work everyday when its not raining. Never had a dui and those that think a scooter is for losers can go ahead and keep paying $70 - $100 to fill their gas guzzlin vehicle up. I get 2 weeks of drivin for $5 bucks...PURA VIDA BROS!!!!!!!
    i still have my '86 xt600 enduro.....3 gals goes 120-160 miles, depending how much time i spend on one wheel. not as trendy as a scooter, not as deadly as a crotch rocket, not as midlife crisis as a harley, and when the hills slide across PCH on sunday i can still make my way over it....

It's not just gas, everyting you buy is hauled by gas & many things are byproducts of oil. I would love to have an altenative to gas, there just simply is not one right now. I currently have a Ford Escape, could get a Hybrid for 10,000 more or I could get a Volt for 40,000. If there was a viable alternative to this, the market would have found it by now. Consider, the bottled water you buy in a gas station is more expensive than gas. Trouble is, the current administration wants high prices- its their energy policy. So, get ready for everything to cost more, from a tomato to a trip to the beach. Their answer to this is going to be the governement subsidising it some way or another. Food stamps, why not gas stamps? Think I'm nuts- Thats what you get in the military to buy gas in a country like Germany where 1 liter cost about the same as 1 gallon. Watch what happens when this is debated in the upcoming election- there are clearly two sides to this issue. The current administration is going to tell you they have no control of this & will poke fun at anyone that suggests lower prices. Just think back- what were they telling you 6 years ago? Gas Stamps- its coming.

Images
    Yea i love my fit to. I slept in the back of it in buxton. Worked nice.

I had to cancel our annual overseas trip this year because airfare is through the roof. Times are tough, and I'll just save that money for future trips.

There is a bus service to work, and I'll probably take that a couple of times a week. But what really hurts me right now is the after work session, its about a 20+ mile commute from the workplace to the beach, and add 15 miles to go back home. I'm torn

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    i'm reasonably certain that i'll live to see $10/gal. or higher.
    if gas prices reach $10 a gallon it will shut the country down.

On another note, I refuse to drive a practical car...they get better gas milage, yeah, but they're tiny, if you get in a bad accident in one of those things your toast. I'll keep my Jeep and Ford trucks, thank you.
    Last edited by Koki Barrels; Mar 18, 2012 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sandfly View Post
    1. Yes
    2. Invade a country that has oil (Iran, Venezuela, Canada...)
    What about Iraq? Didn't we just do that>

Not to change the subject, but has anybody heard the two new songs from the new Mars Volta album? Here's the link, check 'em out--->http://www.themarsvolta.com/news
    Last edited by Koki Barrels; Mar 18, 2012 at 03:45 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brek View Post
    Part of the problem is that any advances in fuel efficiency have been completely offset by cars getting bigger in the last 20 years.
    yeah I agree. In that last 20 years where gas prices have tripled and by most accounts people's savings are down the auto companies have convinced us we need bigger, faster, heavier, more expensive vehicles. Its a pretty huge victory for marketing.
    Last edited by mitchell; Mar 18, 2012 at 04:49 PM.

its just supply and demand. they can only charge what the market will bear. Figure out how many dollars a gallon of gas is worth to you, and don't exceed it. Don't lie to yourself....its probably worth more to you than you think at first. What are you willing to pay?

Nobody's forcing you to pay high prices.