LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Jersy Step Ups or Guns

Hey, does anyone have a step up board for some bigger waves?
    Thanks

Images
    i have one that i have not taken out in about 3 years.

no need around here........maybe on a gigantic hurricane day at a break like the wall. Usually when it gets head+ around here it just washes out........

Quote Originally Posted by surfsolo View Post
    no need around here........maybe on a gigantic hurricane day at a break like the wall. Usually when it gets head+ around here it just washes out........
    head+ it washes out? not sure where you're surfing, buddy, but it certainly gets bigger than head+ without washing out

Images
    are you looking to buy?

I have a model I call an East Coast Gun. It's not a full on gun, but it's a bit more big-wave oriented than a step-up, without compromising performance. Designed specifically for the biggest surf we get in NJ. My personal one is 7'0, but I'm a bigger/older guy. Handles DOH with ease. Key design features that set it apart from a typical step-up are bottom contours and rocker. Depending on your size/age/ability and where you plan to ride it, you can go down to about 6'6 with this design, on up to about 7'6. Below that just ride a step up or basic rounded pin hpsb, and over that you need a more gunny design. PM me if you want more details.

Got a 7'4" for sale at Lightly Salted good for places where there is a lot of water moving around and during hurricane season or big winter swells. Board is EPS. Make me an offer that's reasonable. Asking $350

Images
    I just picked up a used Roberts Black Thumb but its not really a step up for me, just a board for when its good. Same dimensions as my shortboard just with a pulled in round tail and different rocker/bottom contours. I was looking into getting a step up but I couldn't really justify spending the money on something that I probably won't ride very often. I went with the Black Thumb because its more versatile and should still be able to handle any big swells we get in NJ.

DrBill... what's the label on that 7'4? Who's the shaper? Can you post a pic?

step up yes.. gun no.. unless you want to sit wayy out there in a certain spot on a certain day