LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

What kind of car do you drive?

In spirit of the "Gas Prices" thread and the cost of fuel predicted to go up during the summer, when most of us do a lot more driving for surf day trips, post-work sessions and other activities.

What kind of car do you drive? Gas mileage? Good surf mobile? Upgrade or downgrade in the future?

2011 335d

425 foot pounds of torque and 25-35 MPG- I like to think of it as a "poor man's M3"

4runner. couldn't have a better "surf mobile" other than the fact it guzzles gas. it's great, esp in the winter. i'll change in it on really cold days.

Jeep wrangler.. 10 mpg and great surf mobile.

Images
    I drive a white VW rabbit. it has a roof rack and basket for tossing things up top and im good to go. its a 5 cyl. motor so it gets ok gas mileage closer to 30MPG but its a 2.5l and very fun to drive..

maybe in the future i will find myself a old vw caddy pickup with a turbo diesel swap. 50+ MPG!

FJ 62. Gas mileage varies because the tranny needs some love, but average 10-12. Saving up to do either an Isuzu or Cummins 4 cyl turbo diesel swap with a 5 spd manual. Can't wait to get 28 mpgs on the highway rolling on 35" tires and a 3" lift.

I ride my bike a lot.

Images
    2001 Honda Accord, slow, but great gas mileage, fits boards well. Ill prolly get a 2010-11 subaru wrx hatch next whenever they drop in price. Turbo hatchbacks FTW.

Daily Driver is a Prius (50mpg highway), but I have an '05 Wrangler Unlimited (avg 18 mpg) for the weekends. I partly keep the Wrangler so I don't have to kick my own a$s for driving a Prius.

Quote Originally Posted by gallerysurfboards View Post
    Daily Driver is a Prius (50mpg highway), but I have an '05 Wrangler Unlimited (avg 18 mpg) for the weekends. I partly keep the Wrangler so I don't have to kick my own a$s for driving a Prius.
    as well you should

I drive a Honda Element, with gets about 18/23 mpg. Good for surfing and trips, and hauling crap. Don't really care that it looks like a box on wheels.