LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Images
    08 Nissan Frontier Pickup- just throw all your gear in the box and go! Mileage is ok for a truck- 20mpg... manual trans...
    In the summer or whenever its warm, I just ride my bike to the beach... much easier...

03 Ford Escape, 6 cyl, fwd; Fits my 9.0 & 8.0 inside, gets about 25 & its paid for. I hate camping out (23 years in the Army will do that to ya), so, I book a BOQ for 25 a night or so within driving range of where I want to go.
    I expect gas prices to start having a major inflationary effect soon. Oil is up again today, it might hit 5 bucks a gal.
    Its what this administration wants- its their energy policy. I would love to have an alternative-where is it?
    A Ford Escape Hybrid is 10,000 dollars more- A Volt is 40 & it cant get me to the beach & back on 1 charge.

Images
    just got a very lightly used 2010 Civic. Garden State Parkway Grinder for commute...34 mpg highway....

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    2003 chevy silverado Z71 edition and its perfect for hauling boats or surfboards but get only 17mpg. but im perfectly fine paying for the gas since im able to drive on the beach and also be able to haul everything. but im thinking of upgrading to a diesel just to get somewhat better mpg.

Quote Originally Posted by pkovo View Post

Lee, if you get more than 130 miles/tank before the light comes on, you're not riding it right
    haha true man true. It's great on the gas when you aren't laying on the tank with that tunnel vision... but that is the fun part

Same with my GTI, 32mpg if an old lady drives, low 20's with me behind the wheel. I also have an 86 bronco that is closer to gallons / mile... when it runs...
    Last edited by leethestud; Mar 19, 2012 at 07:15 PM.

05 chevy 2500 extended cab with a six inch lift and thirty fives. gas mileage? yeah not much but can load up five people and a full truckload of boards.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    I wish Honda would make a 4-dr civic hatch to compete with the Focus/Matrix/Mazda3. I had an Accord v6 coupe before, and I came to the conclusion that I will never need anything more powerful than the 244hp that it had.
    What about the Fit? It's got a ~100hp 1.5L but the gearing makes it feel faster than it is. 4 doors + hatchback, plus the seating configuration is configurable for hauling long things, tall things, people, etc.
    Last edited by ziptiespec; Mar 19, 2012 at 08:06 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sjserpe View Post
    '08 subaru outback. it's the best. i can fit several shorties in the back, roof rack for anything bigger. solid gas mileage, average around 25-30 but with coaxing i can keep it over 30. Plus, it's fun to drive, outstanding utility for its size, super reliable, can more than hold its own offroad, and once you get over the fact that it's a wagon, i think it looks pretty dern cool.
    I really like the Outback, seems like a good surf wagon. Better than an SUV on gas but still has plenty of room in the back for boards. Plus the AWD makes it pretty versatile. I'm working on selling my car and picking up an 05-07 Outback sometime soon.

Speaking of selling my car, anyone interested in an 01 Acura CL?

77 ford maverick. Surprisingly reliable, terrible fuel economy, ugly brown color. But I do not care. I bike to the beach when I can, drive for longer trips with other people. I make them chip in for gas so most times I'm riding for free. (gas-wise).

'06 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. 3.25" suspension lift and 33's...still gets decent gas mileage, around 15-18mpg. Offroad Beast...'nuff said.