LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 74
  1. #41
    2008 Mazda 3 hatchback. Manual. fun as piss to drive. 9'4 fits inside, 26-30mpg in town, 32+ highway.
    2012 Jamis Boss beach cruiser

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by VAsurfer604 View Post

    however I am going to college at UNCW (live in VB) and it gets terrible gas mileage at anything over 60 b/c it is geared so low, so I am looking at getting something more apt to cruising down I-95 at 80mph. I have been looking at Subaru wagons, lancer wagon, vw's but nothing has really got my eye.

    Any recommendations?
    Yeah... lets swap rides. my 09 GTI gets its best mileage in 6th cruising around 75-80. Seriously upper 30's low 40's according to the indash computer. Does it in style too. Has racks so logs are no problem. I've been looking for used taco's.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronze Whaler View Post
    2011 335d

    425 foot pounds of torque and 25-35 MPG- I like to think of it as a "poor man's M3"
    hot damn! a new $45k BMW is for "poor" men??

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by parippa View Post
    hot damn! a new $45k BMW is for "poor" men??
    when you think an M3 sedan is $20k more plus insane insurance premiums, 15-20 MPG at best on premium (same $ as diesel) and much higher cost to maintain down the road makes it seem down rate affordable.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    40
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    FJ 62. Gas mileage varies because the tranny needs some love, but average 10-12.
    I ride my bike a lot.
    I love these things. They're probably the closest thing to a 70 series you can get in the states. I've considered moving to Australia or South Africa just to be able to have a HZJ78 troop carrier as my surf mobile (never mind the great waves) as I understand that it's near impossible to legally import one here...

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    Posts
    150
    Images
    4
    Bought a new Tundra this year, with the smaller V8, 17-22mpg. First new car ever owned. I'd buy it again today. extended cab, 2wd. I need a campershell.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronze Whaler View Post
    when you think an M3 sedan is $20k more plus insane insurance premiums, 15-20 MPG at best on premium (same $ as diesel) and much higher cost to maintain down the road makes it seem down rate affordable.
    I'm sure you know, but the e30 and e36 325i's offer tons of bang for your buck.. if your handy with a wrench. My 12 yr old A4 1.8 turbo is a comfortable and fun awd 4 door for lugging broke friends to the beach.. specs say 28mpg, but i'm lucky to get 25.

  8. #48
    335d is a luxury vehicle. A new m3 is for people who just don't give a F**K about $. That must be nice...

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wilmington
    Posts
    2,340
    Quote Originally Posted by sandfly View Post
    I love these things. They're probably the closest thing to a 70 series you can get in the states. I've considered moving to Australia or South Africa just to be able to have a HZJ78 troop carrier as my surf mobile (never mind the great waves) as I understand that it's near impossible to legally import one here...
    Yeah, they're not fast but they can pull a dead whale up the beach in deep sand. Speaking of the HZ, I have been looking at getting the Euro barn doors for the rear to replace the split hatch AND importing the turbo kit that will bolt directly to my 3FE. This is my second and cheaper choice to doing a Toyozu or Tummins swap. Still gonna put the 5 spd od tranny in--that is the first project and is good for 5-8 more mpg.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by parippa View Post
    I'm sure you know, but the e30 and e36 325i's offer tons of bang for your buck.. if your handy with a wrench. My 12 yr old A4 1.8 turbo is a comfortable and fun awd 4 door for lugging broke friends to the beach.. specs say 28mpg, but i'm lucky to get 25.
    those 20 valve 1.8t motors have a notorious sludging problem- sludge clogs the oil pickup/return, head gets starved of oil and bad things happen but they sure are torquey, fun and tons of performance parts are available. 25 MPG for AWD is pretty good- especially in an Audi that doesn't feel like a Pepsi can going down the road.

Tags for this Thread