LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Images

Dude....man

Quote Originally Posted by dudeman View Post
    77 ford maverick. Surprisingly reliable, terrible fuel economy, ugly brown color. But I do not care. I bike to the beach when I can, drive for longer trips with other people. I make them chip in for gas so most times I'm riding for free. (gas-wise).
    hahah.. had a '70 which came stock with a 120 hp 6 banger which blew up on a road trip to arizona.. replaced the motor with a 300+ hp 302 v8. gas mileage? HAH. it was $1 a gallon back then. it finally died and i scrapped it. still, i well up each time i see a maverick still cruising the streets.
    now i have an 03 v6 camry xle that avgs about 20-23 with my two 9+ boards and a coffin on the roof. i drive like an idiot so that's doing ok by my book.

2008 Mazda 3 hatchback. Manual. fun as piss to drive. 9'4 fits inside, 26-30mpg in town, 32+ highway.
    2012 Jamis Boss beach cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by VAsurfer604 View Post

however I am going to college at UNCW (live in VB) and it gets terrible gas mileage at anything over 60 b/c it is geared so low, so I am looking at getting something more apt to cruising down I-95 at 80mph. I have been looking at Subaru wagons, lancer wagon, vw's but nothing has really got my eye.

Any recommendations?
    Yeah... lets swap rides. my 09 GTI gets its best mileage in 6th cruising around 75-80. Seriously upper 30's low 40's according to the indash computer. Does it in style too. Has racks so logs are no problem. I've been looking for used taco's.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronze Whaler View Post
    2011 335d

425 foot pounds of torque and 25-35 MPG- I like to think of it as a "poor man's M3"
    hot damn! a new $45k BMW is for "poor" men??

Quote Originally Posted by parippa View Post
    hot damn! a new $45k BMW is for "poor" men??
    when you think an M3 sedan is $20k more plus insane insurance premiums, 15-20 MPG at best on premium (same $ as diesel) and much higher cost to maintain down the road makes it seem down rate affordable.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    FJ 62. Gas mileage varies because the tranny needs some love, but average 10-12.
    I ride my bike a lot.
    I love these things. They're probably the closest thing to a 70 series you can get in the states. I've considered moving to Australia or South Africa just to be able to have a HZJ78 troop carrier as my surf mobile (never mind the great waves) as I understand that it's near impossible to legally import one here...

Images
    Bought a new Tundra this year, with the smaller V8, 17-22mpg. First new car ever owned. I'd buy it again today. extended cab, 2wd. I need a campershell.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronze Whaler View Post
    when you think an M3 sedan is $20k more plus insane insurance premiums, 15-20 MPG at best on premium (same $ as diesel) and much higher cost to maintain down the road makes it seem down rate affordable.
    I'm sure you know, but the e30 and e36 325i's offer tons of bang for your buck.. if your handy with a wrench. My 12 yr old A4 1.8 turbo is a comfortable and fun awd 4 door for lugging broke friends to the beach.. specs say 28mpg, but i'm lucky to get 25.

335d is a luxury vehicle. A new m3 is for people who just don't give a F**K about $. That must be nice...

Quote Originally Posted by sandfly View Post
    I love these things. They're probably the closest thing to a 70 series you can get in the states. I've considered moving to Australia or South Africa just to be able to have a HZJ78 troop carrier as my surf mobile (never mind the great waves) as I understand that it's near impossible to legally import one here...
    Yeah, they're not fast but they can pull a dead whale up the beach in deep sand. Speaking of the HZ, I have been looking at getting the Euro barn doors for the rear to replace the split hatch AND importing the turbo kit that will bolt directly to my 3FE. This is my second and cheaper choice to doing a Toyozu or Tummins swap. Still gonna put the 5 spd od tranny in--that is the first project and is good for 5-8 more mpg.