LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

has anyone been surfing?

I haven't been out in 2 weeks or more. Can't remember the last time I surfed real waves, either.

This fog lately has been making it hard to see the ocean. In person and on cams. From what I see in the forecast and the few hours of the day without dense fog, it's still flat! Might have been ride able the past couple days but not surfing for so long is killing my motivation.

Usually there's a million posts on here belly-aching about a flat spell, but I'm not seeing any. Does this mean its only flat where I am? Somebody please tell me I'm not insane.

Nobody better tell Dudeman the secret spot we have all been surfing this whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by dudeman View Post
    I haven't been out in 2 weeks or more. Can't remember the last time I surfed real waves, either.

This fog lately has been making it hard to see the ocean. In person and on cams. From what I see in the forecast and the few hours of the day without dense fog, it's still flat! Might have been ride able the past couple days but not surfing for so long is killing my motivation.

Usually there's a million posts on here belly-aching about a flat spell, but I'm not seeing any. Does this mean its only flat where I am? Somebody please tell me I'm not insane.

Images
    three times in the last week. fog = light winds. Fog also = no crowds. Its been mostly knee thigh high and no texture (today) to light texture. Water temps are in the mid 50s on delmarva. 4/3 with just 3 mm booties.

Without a real grovel board, this small windswell wouldnt be worth it. With one...worth it, but barely.
    Last edited by mitchell; Mar 21, 2012 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dudeman View Post

Only times I've been out in the last 2 months is when I've hit the Outer Banks. Probably surfed 5-6 times in the last 2 months just playing around with the jump rope and trying to stay limber. This is only re-affirming my motivation to get the hell outta here in a year and a half and move back to Hawaii, California, or even Alaska.

I love the fog though, nothing like it when there's a good swell and light winds. Now all we need are some waves to go along with it.

...I had a blast today...thigh to stomach high stuff but long clean rides.

Saw a good-sized shark jet by though...

I surfed yesterday but just missed that low tide window. With the fog, there was no wind, and it was so glassy, but even at mid tide the waves struggled to break. I think I can ditch the booties next week too

NH/mass last thursday-sunday waist plus.

Been out about 7 of the last 10 weekends, both in the gulf and east coast of Florida, surf has been consistent and fun, in the waist to chest range most days, and glassy too, I have put lots mileage on the vehicle but all worth it

looks like we might get something in the nj/ny area sunday to tuesday... but I'll be in florida.... urggh...

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    looks like we might get something in the nj/ny area sunday to tuesday... but I'll be in florida.... urggh...
    What part of Florida? We're expecting a solid day on Saturday in certain areas, might work out better for you if you can get on it