LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

any girls in the jacksonville area?

hey! looking for some friends who enjoy the waves Im so new to surfing Its sad. lived in Hawaii for 3 years and never picked up a board! (can you feel my regret over the internet!)But my time has come and I'm looking for some friends to show me the ropes a lil. lol. ok ok ALOT! i have no idea wtf im doing! haha..so if anyone is interested let me know!! and for all you guys that clicked on this send me info on anything..you think i should know..lol..thanks!~

Images
    the longer the better... this is in no way a sexual joke. get a longboard... seriously...

Quote Originally Posted by a2tall View Post
    the longer the better... this is in no way a sexual joke. get a longboard... seriously...
    lmao!! so ive read..im trying to get a board within the next couple weeks..whats a good price? as i dont know what im talking about and being a chick with D's im hoping not to get ripped off by jerks!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by a2tall View Post
    hahaha yes I agree with a2tall. longboards are pretty much the best boards to learn on and to use on the east coast. and if this is actually a real post ( i hate that I have to put that out there) you're the first girl i've ever seen on the forum. congrats!

Pick up an 8 foot funshape, should run you around 650

Quote Originally Posted by 757surfer View Post
    hahaha yes I agree with a2tall. longboards are pretty much the best boards to learn on and to use on the east coast. and if this is actually a real post ( i hate that I have to put that out there) you're the first girl i've ever seen on the forum. congrats!
    yea ive been trying to look for girls on here with no luck booo..okay so longboard it is..is a funboard the same thing or is it just a lighter version of a longboard.??lol.

I'm '5'5 so i think an 8 footer will be way to big im thinking no more than 7 but i mean i could be wrong..lol.

you need to think, can you even transport an 8ft ish board to the beach?
    Are you trying to start now or in the summer because starting now ull need a suit and stuff.
    A fun board is shorter and more maneuverable than a long board but offers less float.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-SWELL View Post
    you need to think, can you even transport an 8ft ish board to the beach?
    Are you trying to start now or in the summer because starting now ull need a suit and stuff.
    A fun board is shorter and more maneuverable than a long board but offers less float.
    haha..yea i have a jeep commander..so having room in no problem..on the other hand carrying it down to the sand.lol.. will be another story..im guessing it shouldnt be too heavy..right? lol. im looking on ebay for suits in the mean while i need to find a board first..i guess..soo much excitment so lil time. the water is getting pretty warm..not like california right now thats for sure!

another question does everyone start off on longboards/funboards? or is it just a better choice because its easier to learn..