LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Quote Originally Posted by fl.surfdog View Post
    thanks everyone for your input...@wave1, im not sure but a custom like that would cost well over 700.00, thats a little out of my range at the moment, but both you and and LBcrew might be right about 6'-4" being a big step for me, i will look for a retro fish between 6'-8" and 7'-0", now that you all helped me make up my mind about the size how about a manufacturer...i prefer not to have a pop out...just a good american made product...thanks to everyone, your opinions do count...
    dude just so you know a basic custom is a whole lot cheaper. especially if you go with a regular glassing and no resin tint or anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by wbsurfer View Post
    dude just so you know a basic custom is a whole lot cheaper. especially if you go with a regular glassing and no resin tint or anything else.
    agreed, custom is the way to go. I have a custom I bought from Mystic up here in Jacksonville. It's based on the Hynson Black Knight quad. the tail is pulled in a little more than the Hyson model which i was told would make the board work a little better in bigger surf.

I can't recommend dimensions for you, but then again, that is what the shaper's job is. I have surfed that board in ankle slappers all the way up to well overhead. It seems to work great until we get those rare days when the surf is significantly overhead.

The only times I felt that this board wasn't cutting it was during Irene on the second and third days of the swell when the surf was double overhead. Gets way too squirly. But in solid 2-3 feet overhead and down, this board performs like a champ. fast as hell and really holds in hollow conditions, and works awesome in the mushy slop we get all the time. the board turns on a dime too.

there is a reason a lot of folks are riding those quad fish, they are super versitile. I love this board. my 2 cents. Oh, one more thing, i paid 500 bucks for mine, but i needed a pretty big board (7-6x21.75x3.25) due to my size 6-6 260. you could probably get away with someting smaller and thus cheaper.
    Last edited by Kahuna Kai; Mar 26, 2012 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna Kai View Post
    there is a reason a lot of folks are riding those quad fish, they are super versitile. I love this board. my 2 cents. Oh, one more thing, i paid 500 bucks for mine, but i needed a pretty big board (7-6x21.75x3.25) due to my size 6-6 260. you could probably get away with someting smaller and thus cheaper.
    Got you a new stick there did ya, nice man, it's good having a few options, you still paddle out on that log you picked up originally?

Images
    you guys are right...thanks...went to a local shaper, im getting a 6'-10" 2 7/8" 21" with progressive rails, hybrid fish/swallow tail, for 450.00, very surprised and very happy with the outcome....in 2 weeks a brand new stick