LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    so i figured i would update this with the lamination and show everyone that ninja turtles are real... and never doubt it!

Images
    freshhhhhh

awesome! what's it going to be? a twin keel? quad?

Images
    it is twin futures setup, here is the gloss i will sand and polish tonight, ill post more pics when i finish.

You and Tom should keep posting pics and descriptions of the different shapes that you are both working on. I have been enjoying these posts. Thanks.

Images
    to give a little bit more information about it, it has a slight single to vee out the tail, since the board is only 5'3 and 2 5/8" i wanted to keep a good amount of volume for derek so i left the rails full, also i gave him a hard edge at the start of the twin fin, usually shortboards have a hard edge further up, but since the board is so small and i want to keep that twin feel i brought that edge back further. the cool thing about this board is it has such a large area in the nose and that single up their will actually allow him to nose ride it.... not to say hang 10 but cheater 5's for sure.

Great board A2!
    Keep up the good work!

~Brian
    www.greenlightsurfsupply.com
    Shape Your Surfing Experience

that thing is looking sweet. was just on your website and saw your standard mini simmons design with the squash tail and noticed you make these boards as twins or quads. could a tri fin be used on something like this? been browsing around a bit, and have had a couple of twins and quads in the past but wasnt crazy about the feel of them specifically the quads where the two inner fins are spaced so far apart from one another.

Images
    Hey Sjerzsrfr, thanks for your kind words, yes you could make it thruster if that is what you want, everything is customizable, just for my stock models i do quads or twins. but yes i can do anything you want for any board. usually east coast boards ride a bit better with a more clustered rail quad setup, the mckee setup almost mimics a thruster feel but i think below waist it doesn't perform as well as a standard rail quad setup.

a2tall, thanks for the info. will hit you up for sure if i decide to go with something like this. with the mckee setup i assume its a quad where the fins are spaced closer to the stringline of the board than a rail setup. i had a firewire quad fish and it felt really slidey right off of my first pump especially going backside. i can remember a couple of summer days on a thigh high really clean day and trying to get that first pump in and it sliding out right from the start. just a much different feel from riding anything else ive ridden. i finally got the hang of it but once i would go back to my regular shortboard and ride the way i always ride and then switch back to the quadfish again, it was like back at square one.