LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Moronic Threads

Moronic Threads

After posting/reading threads on this forum for several years, I have come to the conclusion that this is the one of the most moronic, brain-damaged, pointless, dense, and irrelevant surf forums in existense! There is no longer much meaningful information exchanged, and like most simple-minded chest-pounding apes, people just want to express their territorial/aggro egos (anonymously, of course - a 13-year-old sponger could describe himself as a 24 year-old, experienced, heavy rider from the west coast who had a run-in with some kook who drops in on him at the crowded naval jetty) and all you read about is the chest-pounding, the tough sounding threats! Mitchell is the only one who i see who regularly posts photos of what we surfed (or missed)!, and frankly, I'm getting tired of reading about some teenager's run-in with jersey locals, or oc's car break-in's and thefts! Get back to the point of a real surf forum, or stop allowing people to write the puerile, self-promoting litter we keep seeing regularly!...the forum is still worth saving as a meaningful way to exchange information, but I don't know how long that will last! I know that this thread will goad some fanatical responses, so let's see how many people really want to take this forum seriously, or just want to use it as a vehicle for self-promotion, or just see their outrageous bullsh*t in print!

Images
    Don't let the door hit ya on the way out then...

3. Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    After posting/reading threads on this forum for several years, I have come to the conclusion that this is the one of the most moronic, brain-damaged, pointless, dense, and irrelevant surf forums in existense! There is no longer much meaningful information exchanged, and like most simple-minded chest-pounding apes, people just want to express their territorial/aggro egos (anonymously, of course - a 13-year-old sponger could describe himself as a 24 year-old, experienced, heavy rider from the west coast who had a run-in with some kook who drops in on him at the crowded naval jetty) and all you read about is the chest-pounding, the tough sounding threats! Mitchell is the only one who i see who regularly posts photos of what we surfed (or missed)!, and frankly, I'm getting tired of reading about some teenager's run-in with jersey locals, or oc's car break-in's and thefts! Get back to the point of a real surf forum, or stop allowing people to write the puerile, self-promoting litter we keep seeing regularly!...the forum is still worth saving as a meaningful way to exchange information, but I don't know how long that will last! I know that this thread will goad some fanatical responses, so let's see how many people really want to take this forum seriously, or just want to use it as a vehicle for self-promotion, or just see their outrageous bullsh*t in print!
    Very True.... Or when a possibly interesting threads is finally brought up someone derails it completely off topic into a p*ss*** contest. In general I have stopped reading/posting here.

most of us older veteran posters got crabby and gave up,when matt was removed and yankee went wild and then gruvi showed up.since then southside came.it's not a good forum anymore,but at one point there was a good handful of years it was mostly excellent

Oh, the irony.

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Oh, the irony.
    How can you complain about moronic threads and go on a rant like that, thus making this a moronic thread. I have been reading threads for years and just started to make some posts. Salty don't drink the ocean water, it can make you delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    So then where is your meaningful and enlightening topic for surfing? Are you just going to complain and criticize about other peoples threads and offer no concepts of your own.....weak.

I am somewhat of a newcomer to this blog. I gave up on another surfing blog that was dominated by a few individuals that turned it into their personal personal rants & would attack anyone that dared post. This blog does go off the rail from time to time, but overall I don't think its that bad. Might have something to do with the recent lack of surf.

9. I agree that Salty is the Moron at the moment ...

i rather have moronic threads, than drama rants.