LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ocean Vs moon

ocean Vs moon

What would you rather see colonized: a moon base or a underwater ocean city?
    I hope this doesn't fall into moronic thread category.
    But seriously, we live in a time where both options are possible.
    The moon might have a better view, but I think it's more practical to colonize our ocean.

The moon is too dry, and they don't serve sushi on the moon!

Being a hopeless fan of marine-related scifi, I want to see an under water colony. We know less about our own oceans than we do about space.

Images
    there are no waves on the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    We know less about our own oceans than we do about space.
    I was blown away when I read that more people landed on the moon, compared to people who been to the bottom of the Marina trench. .. like what James Cameron is currently doing

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Being a hopeless fan of marine-related scifi, I want to see an under water colony. We know less about our own oceans than we do about space.
    Don't worry, you're not the only nerd here. I like the sci-fi genre books where the story revolves space/underwater colonization.

Come to think of it, if we built colonies underwater, maybe we can make mini-tsunami generators from the deep areas, and then torpedo back to the surface and surf the beaches.
    Last edited by McLovin; Mar 26, 2012 at 04:24 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    there are no waves on the moon.
    Without waves we cant live

Images
    Without the moon there would be no tide..i just hope that the sun and moon stick together in some form of unity and hold our lil mossy green rock together in one piece..colony in the ocean or on the ocean/surface?..unlimited food supply and power source ..wind/currents..why havent we already developed this already ..wait a min!!..we have ..aircraft carriers!!....most definately colonize the oceans ...

I'm partial to the ocean. Water is vital for survival and I think life originated in the water. As a child, I dreamed of being Aquaman or Marine boy...

Images
    There may have been water on mars at one time, but there isn't now.
    No water = not a good place to live. And no living creatures live there.