LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sorry, I hope I did not offend anyone by using the word that referred to a female dog, but was filtered. I guess the FCC will not allow that.

As long as you're logging water time I find it difficult to call it wasted time.

3. Quote Originally Posted by JERSEYboarder View Post
    ever single time i paddle out no matter the conditions its ALWAYS better then doing nothing
    I can agree with this as well, paddling out is better then doing nothing ... but people should definitely have more then one hobby that interests them besides surfing ... especially living on the east coast, way too much down time swell wise ..

Images
    in the summer i skim everyday its flat. even when its flat when you wait long enough there'l be a set of knee high shoreys. skimming made me a better surfer. feels nice when you can blow the lip up on a knee high wave

5. Quote Originally Posted by mexsurfer View Post
    in the summer i skim everyday its flat. even when its flat when you wait long enough there'l be a set of knee high shoreys. skimming made me a better surfer. feels nice when you can blow the lip up on a knee high wave
    I skimmed when I was in middle school and some of high school, mainly because I was not working and hanging on the beach all day. Thought it was a blast back then but now I feel like I will never do it again ... I feel like most skimboarders are younger and more high school age people .. but I could be wrong ...

I end up annoyed during the winter , I would rather skate ,play tennis , or drink beer during the summer its not so bad

It takes me 3+ hours to get to the nearest beach. Two better than average ones (EC scale) are within that strike zone, with OBX entry point 5-6 hours. I have been to surf CA, PR, and CR multiple times. However, even with all of that travel overhead, there is still a breaking point. I will drive the 3+ hours to surf pure slop if it has been 3 weeks or more, OR leverage up to my eyeballs in order to fly to one of the aforementioned places. I know that I will be happier afterward period.

I can honestly say if you would have asked me this 2 years ago I would have told you there was no way in hell I would have surfed today. I lived 15 minutes from the N.Shore Oahu. Fast forward 2 years later and I was groveling in the shorebreak 5 miles South of first street. Caught a couple of knee high lines on the longboard, though. And the sun was shining. Better than mowing the lawn.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stayabovetheweather View Post
    I skimmed when I was in middle school and some of high school, mainly because I was not working and hanging on the beach all day. Thought it was a blast back then but now I feel like I will never do it again ... I feel like most skimboarders are younger and more high school age people .. but I could be wrong ...
    moslty yea your right its like a 13-24 age group for the most part. its does a lot of work on the body. but i know a lot of skimmers that are somewhere around 30-40. and for the most part the skim community now reminds me of the surfing community decades ago in a way. thats just my point of view