LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    My wife supports me going on surf trips with my buds. Our arrangement is we take a trip together she gets to pick where and when and after that I can go on all the surf trips I can swing. I get 5 weeks leave a year, so getting time off isn't too hard.
    I agree with the guys who have said mixing a surf trip with a couples/wives trip creates - have been on a few of those over the years - not interested in doing that again.

BTW Havasand I have gone on a couple solo trips over the years, found the surf camps make that kind of easy. If you want some company surfing locally shoot me a PM - I live about 5 minutes from you and have a group of friends I have surfed with over the past 20 + years, glad to have you jump in

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JTS View Post
    My wife supports me going on surf trips with my buds. Our arrangement is we take a trip together she gets to pick where and when and after that I can go on all the surf trips I can swing. I get 5 weeks leave a year, so getting time off isn't too hard.
    I agree with the guys who have said mixing a surf trip with a couples/wives trip creates - have been on a few of those over the years - not interested in doing that again.

BTW Havasand I have gone on a couple solo trips over the years, found the surf camps make that kind of easy. If you want some company surfing locally shoot me a PM - I live about 5 minutes from you and have a group of friends I have surfed with over the past 20 + years, glad to have you jump in

Jim
    PM sent...

I disagree with the "take the wife" suggestion. take her on a non-surfing vacation, then take yourself on a full-on surf trip. I personally cant find the right balance taking the wife to a place with waves.

I totally agree, enjoy your passions in peace and take her on a couples vacation-she should get that. Wives can handle a day at the beach but a full on surf trip is a total drag for the majority of them. I just came back from Central America on a solo trip and had the time of my life but are positive that she would have been bored to tears watching me surf 4-6 hours a day.

Quote Originally Posted by havanasand View Post
    PM sent...
    Got it & replied