LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

Good place to take a weekend trip to

My friend and I from class are planning to just take about 3-4 days from the weekend off from work and do a little surf trip. We were thinking Delaware may be a cool place to go too. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

Images
    I'd Recommend skipping Deleware and head another 4 hours south to the outerbanks. I'm pretty sure everyone who lives in Deleware wants to leave the state right about now.

OBX would be a good choice, to pass the time you can count the Delaware tags on your way

Images
    Yeah we were thinking OBX, just skeptical because it'd be a 4 day trip and we have no idea about cost or if that'd be enough time to really enjoy OBX

Images
    Montauk NY could be cool as well. Would be a shorter drive to get there, but if I had the choice I would probably go OBX.

Images
    Yeah Montauk would be cool especially from Belford. I grew up in Port Monmouth btw.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPREME View Post
    Yeah we were thinking OBX, just skeptical because it'd be a 4 day trip and we have no idea about cost or if that'd be enough time to really enjoy OBX
    You can do a lot in 4 days. Camping is cheap, food can be cheap if you bring your own and don't eat out a lot but gas can get expensive... it may cost as much as NJ on the Banks. How much time do you need to enjoy something, especially if you are only going to surf?

But, you need to have a 4x4 if you even want to pull off the road and surf at random in a lot of spots. If you're in a car, expect to do a lot of walking in sand to surf the less-than-usual-spots

Images
    OBX is the pefect choice...this is a real surf trip, not Deleware. Take a tent and some PB and J...make it real cheap.

Camping in Hatteras= Surf fun

Where can you park your car and camp on the beach?