LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    OK...... I like to cut the tail down with a double wing usually and as with most Ive seen the tail is always , including my own, a swallow. Why not a double wing baby squash quad with 4 channels running with the fins on the bottom????? Most swallows have a V or double running out of them so if you channel the squash that would do nicely for water out the back. Thats covers the tail and the bottom concave pretty much so everyone else can figure out the rest

Images
    chunnel

/fiiiiiiiiler

i got a great idea...we could strap that beyondlimits girl to the the top of the deck, so when your paddling out you have something fun to play with...

if you are thinking of a double ender, i think round tail round nose, probably not symmetrical, but it could be.

If you guys like the idea of having a looser feel without losing all control you can move the fins closer to the center of the board, maybe a foot or two.

Someone else suggested double-ended fins. If you choose that route research into some wakeboard fin designs.

I've always wanted to shape a board that has sort of increasing tailward keel. But I always figured buoyancy/weighting and glassing would be an issue.

Images
    I say take a 10 ft blank and make a 4' 10 x 3 x 22. No tail rocker 2" nose rocker. 2 half moon fins with a tiny trailer fin placed slightly farther up then the 2 half moons. Performance rails, pin tail, longboard nose.

Quote Originally Posted by marknel83 View Post
    I say take a 10 ft blank and make a 4' 10 x 3 x 22. No tail rocker 2" nose rocker. 2 half moon fins with a tiny trailer fin placed slightly farther up then the 2 half moons. Performance rails, pin tail, longboard nose.
    Best idea so far...

Although you called out the possiblity of anything really bizarre up front, I can't help but imagine the oddest frankenboard ever while reading these posts and I insist that it have a cup holder.

In all seriousness, the only thing I can think of that's incredibly out of the ordinary would be a SUP with a wavejet. I'm not sure that's surfing but it's different.

By the way, I gave you on honk while passing on Route 18 the other day. It was a supportive honk and not an angry one.
    If that was indeed you... you looked perplexed

Images
    Hey Guys Sorry i have not been around, kind of busy the past few days.

So great ideas so far, Thanks for helping with this.

How about we say our shape will be the 4'10" simmons shape that mark said, I want to do this because tons of people out their want a simmons but just dont want to invest in the hope it will work. so i think this is a great idea.

wave rider said channels so maybe i could incorporate channels and have the twin fins glassed on in the channel.

Mon0cer Sup wavejet has been done before, and that would basically bankrupt me to invest in a project like that, and i get honked at a lot on 18 and since we live in jersey im always thinking what the F$%K did i do for you to honk at me hahaha so sorry if i looked perplexed maybe i should get a HONK for ARC sticker.

So let say that we stick with this small simmons shape with glass on half moons..... at least for now... what about glassing? crazy colors? inlays. what do you want? what tickles your pickle....

Andrew,
    I say you should incorporate sidecut like a snowboard. Especially if you are going the twin tip route. It's been done before with pretty good results (look up Steve O'Hara from Pioneers in NH, not to mention the Meyerhoffer stuff) but its something I think needs much more exploring and could be really interesting on a mini-simmons type board.

See you soon,
    Jamie