LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    What would happen if you curved the rails of a surfboard, like a snowboard? How would that effect the ride? Seems like a great idea to me. I would think that it would make it really hard to bury your rails and would maximize speed? What do you guys think?

Just recently i watched a Vid of Slater with some interesting boards he was taking to Snapper for the season opener. One of the boards had a hole in the top rear of the deck to allow air to flow thru and channel beneath the fins....really got me thinking?? What a concept...not sure how well the board went, as he didn't ride any of the boards in the video. Just kinda stuck in my mind as a valid concept of lift and flow...any feedback heard about this shape?? might be a fun project....

3. Alais have a similar outline to a snowboard, especially the peanut style

Images
    i think you should make the board all black with white and blue splatter design. I saw it on a ..Lost RNF and it looked sick. or a tie dye would be sweet too.

Maybe if we ever had waves around here we wouldn't even have to sit around and ponder these things!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jbwave69 View Post
    Maybe if we ever had waves around here we wouldn't even have to sit around and ponder these things!
    If people didn't think about these things than you most likely wouldn't be surfing anything right now, just saying.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by a2tall View Post
    Hey Guys Sorry i have not been around, kind of busy the past few days.

So great ideas so far, Thanks for helping with this.

How about we say our shape will be the 4'10" simmons shape that mark said, I want to do this because tons of people out their want a simmons but just dont want to invest in the hope it will work. so i think this is a great idea.

wave rider said channels so maybe i could incorporate channels and have the twin fins glassed on in the channel.

Mon0cer Sup wavejet has been done before, and that would basically bankrupt me to invest in a project like that, and i get honked at a lot on 18 and since we live in jersey im always thinking what the F$%K did i do for you to honk at me hahaha so sorry if i looked perplexed maybe i should get a HONK for ARC sticker.

So let say that we stick with this small simmons shape with glass on half moons..... at least for now... what about glassing? crazy colors? inlays. what do you want? what tickles your pickle....
    This board would look great with a resin tint job. Say red with black tint

Images
    Resin work is the thing i love most in life.... nothing like breathing in carcinogenic fumes while spreading trippy colors all over a board.... ahh the little things in life.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by idsmashh View Post
    Best idea so far...
    +1, and add a concave deck

Quote Originally Posted by wesman944 View Post
    +1, and add a concave deck
    How about an elevated concave plateu on the deck with beveled rails similar to the HIC Skate Deck?