LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by jay cagney View Post

domes reef is super mellow, i got slammed onto it once and it was fairly flat
    Solid view right there, doesn't seem all that bad

Quote Originally Posted by tropic surfer View Post
    Like I said before, sup's have a hard time getting back out on good days because channels are hard to find and stay in. Live here a while and you'll be a paddler!
    Maybe i'm missing something here, what is so hard about paddling out on an SUP? Are you referring to the wind? Is it the size of swell you are thinking of? If it's less than head high, do you really think this is an issue? I personally surf with my SUP on the regular on the E. Coast of FL, waist to chest (sometimes up to head high) with little to no issues at all, but when the wind really starts getting on it that's when I find it to be much more difficult and typicaly paddle in after exausting myself.

Also, if you're surfing Pools, watch where people go in and out as well. Easy break to access but getting in and out can be less than desirable. If no swell, definitely get some snorkeling gear at the Marina ($20) and head over to Steps. Swim towards Tres, the reef there is pretty amazing for being that close to shore. Scary to see whats under you. Enjoy it.

Images
    I would highly recommend snorkeling before paddling out. That way you are comfortable in the water and on the reef and you wont ahve to worry about what's under you at all. You'll already know! then make sure you are capable of doing shallow dives, swimming on the surface etc. The last thing you want is to jump on an urchin!

better to belly flop then take some coral to the dome...
    Last edited by wallysurfr; Apr 2, 2012 at 07:24 PM.