LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Always pack a fish and a HP longboard...I live on the Outer banks and this has always served me well. I am not a longboarder....but man i feel like it sometimes. The boards just keep ya in the water more often...and if ya aint in the water ya aint surfing.....pure and simple

Quote Originally Posted by TylerSurf4life15 View Post
    I have never picked the wrong board ever, But I always check the cams & the reports before I decide which board to grab .
    Then you must own one board?

Took out my newly acquired fish (5'8") today.... sucked on it so bad but I want expand my horizons...wish i brought the longboard... Think Im going to bring both with me from now on...was nice watching the sunrise at least lol...

Quote Originally Posted by stayabovetheweather View Post
    amateur hour ...
    I've said it here before and I'll say it again: Literally every single person on this forum is an amateur surfer.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerSurf4life15 View Post
    No? I just look at the surfreport.
    How long have you been surfing?? Hell I'm only 23 and remember when I had no surf report.

Hmmm perhaps I should clarify what my situation was... I took out my fish but I was surrounded by longboarders who were having an easier go at it then I was. My 9foot longboard would have come in handy...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    Hmmm perhaps I should clarify what my situation was... I took out my fish but I was surrounded by longboarders who were having an easier go at it then I was. My 9foot longboard would have come in handy...
    sounds more like you surfed the wrong spot than had the wrong board.

Images
    edited because my comment was OBE.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    sounds more like you surfed the wrong spot than had the wrong board.
    well the spot is just a few doors away from my home... so I surf there. But its hit or miss on the crowd. the fish was fine for the waves but I wasnt able to get in as early as the loggers..

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    well the spot is just a few doors away from my home... so I surf there. But its hit or miss on the crowd. the fish was fine for the waves but I wasnt able to get in as early as the loggers..
    The best thing I ever did for my surfing was making sure i had a board for every condition, so that way i can't go wrong. I have a WRV Fish for the bigger days, McTavish HP LB which has been good for almost any conditions, and then the SUP (my newest addiction) for the small / medium swells