LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: tomorrow

tomorrow

I called this thread "tomorrow" because I guess that is the crap that we have been reduced to. The same old sh*t on repeat. I'm pretty dissapointed that the thread about losing your mind got shut down while I have to read up on people's politics and their favorite gym memberships. Unless people are getting nasty or offensive, no need to shut down a thread. We are a group of hundreds of (somewhat) like minded people with a (somewhat) common goal. What's wrong with broadening the topics a bit?

Can I wear my 3/2 yet?

Images
    political correctness at it's finest man. But really, the big question is can I also wear my 3/2 yet?

What is a good surf product that doesn't exist, but should ?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by staystoked View Post
    What is a good surf product that doesn't exist, but should ?
    The wireless leash...

Imagine the possibilities. http://www.carolinacoastsurfclub.org/classified.php

Images
    inflatable shortboard that rides just as good as any board on the market..

A quality UV epoxy lam resin and a quality UV epoxy gloss resin.

Images
    ya, i agree with you. I was interested in reading the psychedelic thread, however someone brought up the point of promoting drugs to young kids on the site, and I thought that was a pretty valid point to block such topics.
    Last edited by Swellinfo; Mar 28, 2012 at 06:12 PM.

what do you guys think of the idea of a surf simulator? im not talking kelly slater video game or anything but think about movies like the matrix and inception. Imagine you're at work and you're feeling the need for a break so you go sit on the pot plug your phone into the back of your head and boom! you're in nicaragua surfing clean head high peeling lefts with no one out.

i had this thing for the longest time where i had countless dreams about surfing but NEVER actually surfing. every time i had a dream about surfing or wanting to surf, something would happen in my dream to prevent me from going. and if i ever got to the beach i would wake up from my dream before actually surfing. i think it was like two years of this when i finally had my first dream ever of surfing and it was amazing! but this kinda goes back to the argument of real vs. make believe and also if anyone could get a virtual surfing experience that was so life like that it seemed real, we would have no motivation to suit up on a cold day and surf chest high slop.

but think about the possibilities. if someone could do this and charge a subscription for it, theyd make bank. inland surfers, guys who work, guys who get injured or handicapped, it could help a lot of people. then i wonder if the virtual surfing can be like a training simulator? imagine having the confidence to drop in on an overhead closeout in water 2ft deep over a reef because you know nothings going to happen to you

funny.. i almost ignored this thread because of the title but curiosity got the best of me. now im going to daydream about this surf machine for the rest of the day. like i just had this thought. what if i lived in oklahoma, and i had a business trip to nyc and there happened to be a swell forecasted to arrive around the time i would be there. suppose i turn on the surf machine to practice surfing in a five mil to get ready for the possibility of surfing during my business trip. even though im in the machine, do you think the brain is stronger than the body and that my brain imagining it, would cause my body to get stronger?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cheese View Post
    imagine having the confidence to drop in on an overhead closeout in water 2ft deep over a reef because you know nothings going to happen to you
    That goes back the movie inception. Its a problem to not know if you're in reality or a dream. Ppl will end up dropping in to real life closeouts

O wait.. why did i take you seriously?