LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    [QUOTE=travy;122879]surfing itself will be the summer fad of '12 based on the crowds i'm already seeing. lots of new faces and boards already and the water is still in the 40's up here. prepare for the swarm!

+1. I feel like its the ripple effects of Quik Pro last year. Combined with above average warm air & water this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by travy View Post
    surfing itself will be the summer fad of '12 based on the crowds i'm already seeing. lots of new faces and boards already and the water is still in the 40's up here. prepare for the swarm!

I've been seeing an increase in new guys over the last couple years. With all the fashion trends and soul surfer movies this will be the year the **** hits the fan. I'm taking a no tolerance stand this year. Sure we were all new a some point but I gave the respect and didnt act like a board under my arm was the key to the cool club.

Just wait until it's cool to bring your entire high school graduating class to the line-up, then we'll be begging to bring it back to early 2000's Blue Crush levels

Quote Originally Posted by Scobeyville View Post
    BLOGS. There are already a few clowns in NJ trying to start some.
    Very boring, waste of time and no money involved.

Whatyouth.com
    youngwisetails.com
    Marinelayerproductions.com
    out2brunch.com
    turkeymelt.com

i like marinelayerproductions. for better or worse, dane is entertaining. here's one for your list though:

stayabovetheweather.com

blogs are so funny. its like these people actually think other people give a fu*k what they think haha. unless you rip like mr.reynolds, get the f*ck out
    Last edited by headhigh; Apr 3, 2012 at 08:23 PM. Reason: i curse too much

Images
    i remember even 3 years ago being with one other guy on a shoulder high barreling sunny day! i see more and more people every swell. the worst is that they act like locals. HA! this summer is gonna be the worst crowd wise. good time to take up night surfing

Images
    you want a good blog? followthefish.tv paul fisher is absolutely hilarious. he doesn't even post that much surfing. it's the fishing trips that are hilarious

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by beagleagle View Post
    hey just wanted to see if my avatar works. go pros are cool, i feel like they are completely under-utilized. now if they made a go pro remote control (to start stop recording) or made more creative mounts for them.. im not crazy about the wrist strap mount that ive seen

wrong avatar picture!!
    actually they have a start/stop wristband that you can wirelessly controll the cam with

and to everyone dont hate me because of my gopro aquired avatar hahah

Quote Originally Posted by SUPREME View Post
    GoPros are sick and board art/wetsuit color add steeze to surfing, just like multicolored jackets/bindings would add steeze to snowboarding.
    thats the gayest thing ive ever heardůso wearing stupid colors and writing stupid **** on your board makes you look cool??? i rather let my surfing do the talking

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rights4life View Post
    thats the gayest thing ive ever heard…so wearing stupid colors and writing stupid **** on your board makes you look cool??? i rather let my surfing do the talking
    I never said made you look cool. It just adds a nice requested style. You can complain all you want, but people will still be in colored wetsuits, people will still have artwork on their board, and people will still rock gopro's. It's how it is.

the 80s were huge on color for boards, wetsuits, everything, then there was a rebellion in the 90s where everything went back to basics with clear boards and black suits. that will happen again.

My experience with go pros is that they are mostly used by wannabes. people with skill have somebody else filming them and dont need to self promote.
    Last edited by aka pumpmaster; Apr 4, 2012 at 12:22 PM.