LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surf racks

Surf racks

I have a 2006 Chevy Malibu and I need to buy surf racks.Can anyone recommend what type of racks to buy and where to buy them ?

Thanks.

OEM from chevy, or thule/yakima. i have had good experiences with thule at one point on a vw gti. the aftermarket options will prob be cheaper then from the stealership unless you can find used oem's on a enthusiast forum for chevys or craigslist.

actually i dont know if chevy even has racks as an option for malibus but maybe

I have had good service from ORS Racks Direct, http://www.orsracksdirect.com/ They have fit guides in the major brands. I found Inno racks to be great for the money.

Thule, and if you have to--Yaks.

+ 1 on http://www.orsracksdirect.com/, good pricing and service. the best racks out there are the whispbar racks. they are strong, lightweight and most of all quiet. no need for a lame fairing to control air noise over 60mph.

Thule!!! =)

Thule makes great rack systems. Super versatile, lots of attachment options. I'm currently using the surf carrier attachments on my OEM crossbars, and its really nice. Easy to use and durable.

Quote Originally Posted by strungoutindaytona View Post
    Thule makes great rack systems. Super versatile, lots of attachment options. I'm currently using the surf carrier attachments on my OEM crossbars, and its really nice. Easy to use and durable.
    +1 on Thule. Use a Thule rack system plus the 554XT attachments, no issues.

Is noise really something to concern myself with ? I'd hate to spend $500. or so then be annoyed by something like that.

Thanks for all the replies.