LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oipaul View Post
    You don't have a clue. Stay in FL please.
    Don't have a clue? Why because i'm tired of hearing you cry about your little run ins with guys on SUP's? Was the guy that paddled around you, was that me? No he wasn't.... so therefore don't talk to me as if it's something I personally would have or will do. You can generalize people and have blatant prejudice towards others all you want, doesn't make you right. Just go your way and I'll go mine.

it all goes back to one of the basic etiquette rules...if you see a bunch of guys out, DON"T FUC%ING PADDLE OUT THERE.

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    it all goes back to one of the basic etiquette rules...if you see a bunch of guys out, DON"T FUC%ING PADDLE OUT THERE.
    I'm all for etiquette PUMPMASTER, you have no argument from me on that. I show it everytime i paddle out, no matter where i go, and have never had an issue with anybody. Others should do the same though, if that's how you want it, if you see me / another guy on his SUP all by himself off to the side of the line up catching waves and being respectful, don't come park your ass next to him / me either, because this happens as well, and it goes both ways, it's a mutual respect as far as i'm concerned. We can all get along out there if you have the right attitude and have respect for EVERYBODY regardless of equipment.

There are guys that short-board that are good surfers and are good people.
    There are guys that long-board that are good surfers and are good people.
    There are guys that short-board that are good surfers and are d!ckheads.
    There are guys that long-board that are good surfers and are d!ckheads.
    There are guys that short-board that are ****ty surfers and are good people.
    There are guys that long-board that are ****ty surfers and are good people.
    There are guys that short-board that are ****ty surfers and are d!ckheads.
    There are guys that long-board that are ****ty surfers and are d!ckheads.
    There are guys that SUP..........................
    There are guys that play hockey................
    There are guys that shoot hoops......................
    There are guys that ride Harleys or crotch rockets...........
    There are guys that fish and hunt.....................
    get my drift??

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Funk/Duke of Cool View Post
    There are guys that short-board that are good surfers and are good people.
    There are guys that long-board that are good surfers and are good people.
    There are guys that short-board that are good surfers and are d!ckheads.
    There are guys that long-board that are good surfers and are d!ckheads.
    There are guys that short-board that are ****ty surfers and are good people.
    There are guys that long-board that are ****ty surfers and are good people.
    There are guys that short-board that are ****ty surfers and are d!ckheads.
    There are guys that long-board that are ****ty surfers and are d!ckheads.
    There are guys that SUP..........................
    There are guys that play hockey................
    There are guys that shoot hoops......................
    There are guys that ride Harleys or crotch rockets...........
    There are guys that fish and hunt.....................
    get my drift??
    Solid point, and I agree. Hope more people can come to understand this.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    If you got something to say, you can PM me.
    is that the same thing as asking me to wait for you in the playground after school? are we going to have an online fight?

Maybe where you guys surf, there are other parts of the world where it is very common.
    people SUP in swimming pools in Brandon Florida. Landlocked, fact...

Images
    so only those who agree with your position are 'sensible' posts? I read through the posts and didnt see anybody say how they rip. Face it, SUPs are pretty much frowned upon as a wave riding tool on the east coast. if you like it then your thing. you seem level-headed enough to understand to keep way from the pack so enjoy yourself but trying to change minds that are already made up is pretty futile..

Now.... I can say I do hate to see an SUP hit the line up because most, not all, give no consideration to others in the water. I'm sure days when I take a LB out the shortboards are going oh hell there goes my session........but I'm a considerate surfer and always let good waves go by for others to catch as I like to watch people surf as much as I like to surf myself. It's a matter of choice where you surf and what you ride and no one can tell you what you can bring into a lineup but I have no problem saying something to anyone who has a lack of etiquette in a lineup. If a few kind words have no effect.........I have no quams about dropping in to get your attention. I can always get a new board. Of course a Kook shouldnt try to learn in a crowd but if a skilled rider comes in he shouldn't be met with attitude right from the start. You have to give a little to get a little. Unfortunately this is not the way most people think.

Images

"NOT" one of the basic etiquette rules.......This is a locals mentallity rule........if you don't know the difference you're just part of the stigma that has been and will always be part of surfing.

Images
    Sounds like he caught a wave and you didn't then.

This is why you are catching flak about an SUP........Oipaul got snaked by another inconsiderate SUP.......this "IS" one of your basic etiquette rules.........You all know this thread can go on forever and it's not going to make any difference as to how people think or act so just lock it up and move on.............