LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not typical

Not typical

This is definitely not the typical April here. This is a transition month that usually offers a couple surfable days a week and I cant remember the last time I saw a forecast like what is being shown today, FLAT for 7 days. I guess I am more pissed cause I am off for spring break all next week and was expecting atleast one good day. Unreal....

Freakish.. and that was the worst march I can remember. We got jipped big time this spring. Its good to have other hobbies that prefer pleasant weather like mountain biking and disc golf because the lows just disappeared from this corner of the globe this season.

Images
    Well, this hasn't been a typical year in any respect weather wise... Spring time on the East Coast often brings slower moving systems that bring more NE type swells... and often tough wind conditions. Haven't seen too much this Spring.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by parippa View Post
    Freakish.. and that was the worst march I can remember. We got jipped big time this spring. Its good to have other hobbies that prefer pleasant weather like mountain biking and disc golf because the lows just disappeared from this corner of the globe this season.
    Ya, definitely have to have other hobbies on the East Coast or you'll go nuts. A lot of people take up talking junk on the surf forums as a hobbie I just got into Mountain Biking, love it, but no trails around me, so I have to travel a bit.

5. Thats why golfing is a great hobby to take up in times like this!

april has been good to me. I surfed last sunday, monday, and wednesday. That is 3 out of the 6 days we are into april. Never much over chest high, but fun none the less.

I know where I'm going this afternoon if the wind lays down some. Hint: most definitely not crowdboro.

micah, ever ride white clay creek near newark del?

Just dont look at the west coast surf forecasts.... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    Just dont look at the west coast surf forecasts.... lol.
    Believe me I constantly do and the Huntington beach pier cam among others, its depressing. My wife and I constantly discuss moving there but I have too good of a job to give up (mad days off). So it's just being hopeful for swells to fall on those days taking off when there are waves and trips to Cali every year. I just had my hopes shot down with this forecast.