close ad [x]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Lee,

My 6'0" Austin Twinzer mini-Sim (in avatar) is my go-to board for everything but hurricane surf. If you want to see it or send pics of specific parts, let me know.

I've ridden mini-Sims from Hydrodynamica (Joe B.) and Vernor. Joe started off the movement and Vernor makes a quality product, but I think Austin really captured the "planing hull" concept the best out of the three. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by JTS View Post
    The size dilemma is difficult, personal preference really comes into play Ė do you like the minimum board you can get away with or do you like a bit of extra rail line or volume?
    ^ +1
    Quote Originally Posted by JTS View Post
    Width helps to plane out quickly, these are small wave boards so duck diving isnít really a consideration
    ^ This is the only reason why I don't take it out in hurricane waves. I did, however, get it out in solid 8 ft faces and did extremely well with FK-1 keels and Turbo Tunnel side bite Twinzers. Getting back out is a B!%@& at my age, though (43).

Images
    if i were to get one, i would probably go with austin too. my sweet potato is 6x23x3 and that is a mofo to duck dive with. lucky it's epoxy and i do not have to worry about squeezing the rails too hard when pushing it under. I am 6'3 215-220lbs and its about 51 liters which i think a bit too big for me. I would probably go with the 5'10 and if i were a better surfer, 5'8. i know the mini and the sp are not the same board but have similiar dims. hopefully this will give something to compare to.

Place this code at the end of your tag: