LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Flat Spell

Back in my bartending days I would never discuss religion or politics with anybody.....it just isn't worth it. Everyone has their own opinion. I check this site to escape for a little while and talk with a bunch of like minded people about SURFING. Let's leave it at that. If I wanted to talk politics, I wouln't be checking this site.

I just took a big fat dump while reading this thread. The most enjoyable part was wiping.

Images
    Look this is obviously a very passionate subject for-which many individuals have varying opinions. It is clear that nesting birds can be susceptible to stress very easily. Sometimes to the point of nest abandonment; even marine turtles will exhibit this behavior. Stress impacts all organisms though their endocrine system and genetic expression. All of the a fore mentioned scenarios are negative. My point is to acknowledge that fact that yes, the banks were colonized 500 years ago by English settlers. Americans didn't really begin to have a severe impact until the 1930's when the dune line was created. History tells us that there used to be millions of migrating birds which were shot for sport. Walk into any antique store on the Delmarva and you can probably still find the unique bird carvings used as decoys. Permanent residents on the banks should be happy that they are living on one of the last spots on the East Coast to be (unspoiled) where wildlife is abundant.;However, as we all know, development is encroaching. Not all business are viable indefinitely; it's called a free market system. Now there are a few bait stores which will see their margins drop because of the point being closed for a few months of the year. But I would like to see hard evidence that the closings are destroying their lively hoods. Species management is a contentious, and highly sensitive topic. My hope is that with more understanding between both groups, a common ground can be formed. No I do not play golf; the courses destroy the environment and pollute an already fragile watershed(s). This is not a North Vs South debate, or Blue Vs White collar. There are scientists from NC which will make similar statements in support of the NPS. I can forward peer reviewed studies supporting my opinion; if you are interested in reading them please PM me. The banks will experience many compounding issues which will effect the fragile barrier islands in the next 20 years. Most of them negative; I advocate for personal education. So preparedness is realized. Remember, there are 3 stages of denial.
    Last edited by andrewk529; Apr 13, 2012 at 04:05 PM.

more lies from the delusional one,not peer-reviewed,just junk science.explain why the buffer zones are so much bigger than everywhere else,or why recent evidence shows more success in areas nearer to humans.

There's still unspoiled Wildlife to be had in Wildwood, NJ. Schnookie can't hold a candle to a South Philly Eyetalian princess.....

Images
    beachbreak, please send me your studies and or information. I will review it.

Images
    how about andrewk starts a new fuhcking thread about bullsheit in the west coast forum where no one cares.

just go to island free press and read,read,read how totally wrong you are,then apologize and then shut up

Quote Originally Posted by stayabovetheweather View Post
    Hurricane Season is very overrated!!!
    I agree 100 percent. Only a few select spots on the East Coast can handle the long period energy, and I do mean a few. Everywhere else for the most part is walled. The best swells on the East Side and any sandbar for that matter are the combo swells, creating peaky conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by ZBass View Post
    Back in my bartending days I would never discuss religion or politics with anybody.....it just isn't worth it. Everyone has their own opinion. I check this site to escape for a little while and talk with a bunch of like minded people about SURFING. Let's leave it at that. If I wanted to talk politics, I wouln't be checking this site.
    ^^^this. its always the same loudmouths getting all worked up on here killing my vibe