LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    1. The reason for the aggression, much like that among drivers of large trucks/SUV's is likely related to "compensation". In the name of decency, I will elaborate no further. If you are confused, send me a pm, and I will happily explain.

2. Why hassle the man for taking the time to proofread his own writing? Sure, no one wants to come off as a pompous-a$$, but that still beats sounding like a f@#*ing idiot (one who would criticize another for having education).

Toodles.

^ haha well said

I agree with live aloha....he is both intelligent and witty, great combination. J Shawn, ease up on your "docility" and let people know that while you respect them, you wont' be disrespected and things should work out. If that fails, make the drive across the state to the east coast and find your own peak.

Images

stick to your guns, oh articulate one....

a person with a skill in sports is not expected to act like a novice so the rest of us don't feel bad; why would you ask someone who has honed his skill in speaking properly dumb it down so someone doesn't feel inferior? wow. pay attention. you might learn something.

big words do not necessarily = smart person.

I know how to create power, I understand how and why things work, I could write you this in hexadecimal. I could build a robot and program it to give you a wedgie. I don't write like an oxford geek and I spell like a foreigner. Intelligence is all relative.

Images
    The national reading level is 8th or 9th grade...When I was a photojournalism student years ago we were taught it was 6th grade..before you know it we will all be using the AP Stylebook to post here!!

Images
    Or Strunk and White's "Elements of Style" wouldn't be so bad. . .

My grammar and spelling got worse the moment my phone/tablet became my primary tool for surfing the net instead of my comp w/ a regular keyboard

Is technology making us all appear dumber?

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    big words do not necessarily = smart person.

I know how to create power, I understand how and why things work, I could write you this in hexadecimal. I could build a robot and program it to give you a wedgie. I don't write like an oxford geek and I spell like a foreigner. Intelligence is all relative.
    physics and programming does not necessarily = smart person.

I bet you could also program a robot to sodomize your pompous anus. I enjoyed reading his post, wish I could write like that.

btw, I'm a math/physics person too.

However i fully agree with your last sentence.
    Last edited by diewalrus; Apr 11, 2012 at 03:31 AM. Reason: sp