LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

honestly, I would MUCH rather be in the water with a knowledgeable sponger than a longboarder or SUP'r.

I don't bodyboard anymore, but I will tell you all there are a couple spots within a short drive from my house that are killer bodyboarding waves. One is great depending on tide, wind and swell direction--when it's large, confused, windy and not worth paddling out anywhere else this spot produces screaming 100 yard barrels that are impossible to make on a surfboard. It's fickle and only breaks a hand full of times a year. As for the other one, it's surfable too but more of a slab. I'm not going to say anything more about it because it's a secret on a developed beach that does not see much surfing pressure and I want to keep it that way. I'm sure some folks who know the area really well know the first break I mentioned.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TBrown View Post
    I bodyboarded for 25 years. One day I tried my dads longboard and never went back to spongin. Now I ride a 5'10 shortboard most days. I thought bodyboarding was super fun, till I stood up on a wave. No comparison for me.
    Amen tbrown. that's how I started.

Images
    if you guys want to really want to entertain yourself, do a forum search for this same thread topic that has been done many times over. I'm sure you will find hours of great entertainment

I've had some good days on the body board, mostly shorebreak or closeouts. Otherwise, I'm surfing.

I'll make a bold claim: I can grab a body board and hang with the best of 'em. Let's see a body boardersgrab a surfboard and do the same.

I rest my case.

swellinfo, where the hell are my puppies and kittens?

Images
    I have to agree with you Lee..Why not just do both?..Is the transition difficult?..Im not expecting it to be easy or anything.. wave placement and timing are already in the bag..

Quote Originally Posted by Etl1692 View Post
    Yup, I will drop in on you. Hahahahaha bigger and deeper is easy when you are just laying down. No sh*t, thats pretty obvious.
    Bigger and deeper at Pipe, Chopes, Puerto...most all of the biggest deepest waves on the planet...done by BOTH bodyboarders and standup surfers, and i doubt its ever easy. So apparently if you are the guy out on the shoulder dropping in, thats mostly about YOU choosing the soft part of the wave.
    Last edited by scotty; Apr 11, 2012 at 02:06 PM.

Snaked

snaked.jpg Ha Ha Ha!