LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Images
    Didn't Rob Machado (spelling?) break his ankle or leg in ankle high surf in wrightsville beach at a lame surf benefit and had to go through a series of surgeries and 6 months of intesnse physical therapy/recovery?

Images
    Who writes this stuff? <<As officials from the Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office and the Medical Examiner arrived, the dead-end side streets of Roosevelt and Whitehall remained quiet>>

Images
    i broke my neck in waste high surf. He could have taken a really small wave on a longboard and dove off, hit his head, broke his neck and died instantly.

Images
    thats what im thinking. when i was in nica a couple months ago a guy broke his neck on the bottom on a stomach high day. i pulled him out but it was too late (rip bud). most big wave surfers say that its most dangerous in small stuff cuz u let ur guard down. but not flatness!!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mexsurfer View Post
    thats what im thinking. when i was in nica a couple months ago a guy broke his neck on the bottom on a stomach high day. i pulled him out but it was too late (rip bud). most big wave surfers say that its most dangerous in small stuff cuz u let ur guard down. but not flatness!!
    wow, that's crazy bro! Did you know he was dead already or did you try to revive him or what?

Images
    wally got a good point!!!

damn wally you broke your neck? that's crazy. Story time...

Images
    whoever wrote that was a complete idiot. why would they include all this mumbojumbo at the end:

As officials from the Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office and the Medical Examiner arrived, the dead-end side streets of Roosevelt and Whitehall remained quiet. A landscaping crew, seemed oblivious to the steady arrival of police cars, continued tending to tall hedges at one home on Whitehall.
    On the jetty, officials surrounded the victim’s body, which was covered in a sheet.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wallysurfr View Post
    wow, that's crazy bro! Did you know he was dead already or did you try to revive him or what?
    i saw his board floating in the water when i was on the beach eating. i swam out saw him on the bottom, i waved people to come out and i pulled him to shore, when i pulled him up water and blood came out of his mouth and nose. people waiting on the beach did cpr but he was long gone. poor guy he was in his young 20's from cali

Quote Originally Posted by mexsurfer View Post
    i saw his board floating in the water when i was on the beach eating. i swam out saw him on the bottom, i waved people to come out and i pulled him to shore, when i pulled him up water and blood came out of his mouth and nose. people waiting on the beach did cpr but he was long gone. poor guy he was in his young 20's from cali
    I witnessed a very similar situation on New Smyrna Beach last Hurricane Season, guy got pulled from the water, already dead, but they tried reviving him for over 30 minutes on the beach while paramedics arrived, they pumped his chest all the way into the ambulance but he never responded. He was a school teacher in the area and I believe it was one of his students who pulled him from the water. It was one of those days where it was about head high, maybe a little larger and very dumpy, the rip tide was pretty nasty, just sucked seeing that, could happen to anybody.