LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    we've had over to double-overhead good waves this time of year here

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    It says Double Overhead, not Triple.
    My bad. Just glanced at the swell size of 8-12/ 8-10+. I'll definitely keep my fingers crossed regardless.

@ BeachBreak.. Maybe I'm just being negative but I really have not seen legit double Overhead waves in Jersey. Maybe a hurricane Bill/ Irene but that's pushing it.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by walkingonh2o View Post
    yup the ever changing forecast... i don't know what to think other then I doubt its going to be 12ft...

btw- anyone get out this morning or yesterday? Checked it- some small ones but looked like it was alot of close outs... anyone score some good waves? (not closeouts)
    Definitely some fun ones this morning at dawn, lefts were better and didn't close out as much. It's been nice to get out the lats 2 days before work!

Images
    This shot pops in my mind all the time, when I think about New Jersey large and in charge.
    This was an April south swell.

[QUOTE=Swellinfo;124305]This shot pops in my mind all the time, when I think about New Jersey large and in charge.
    This was an April south swell. /QUOTE]

That is an awesome wave! Is it Belmar? Correct me if I am wrong... While that wave might be quadruple overhead for a body boarder I would guess only 8ft (If that is the spot I am thinking of and that angle) according to east coast wave measurements. Maybe I am wrong and that is a triple OH swell. Let me know!

Images
    Doogie Houser,

"It 'seems' like West coast swells are more reliable, longer-lasting, and bigger."

Wow, when did you figure that one out. Thanks for enlightening the rest of us with that keen observation. I don't think anyone knew that. Blew my mind.

Everyone on this site is either coming or going to Costa Rica........Everyone is a karate kid too( I saw that thread about "fighting/boxing" to get in shape......and lo and behold everyone is Ralph Macchio) Then everyone one in Virginia Beach lives "right down the road" from the downed Navy jet. Amazing group we have here. Hey, I'm intrigued.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by austinj215 View Post
    That is an awesome wave! Is it Belmar? Correct me if I am wrong... While that wave might be quadruple overhead for a body boarder I would guess only 8ft (If that is the spot I am thinking of and that angle) according to east coast wave measurements. Maybe I am wrong and that is a triple OH swell. Let me know!
    Bigger then 8ft... One of the biggest waves I've seen from New Jersey.

awesome.,..

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthjettyBill View Post
    Doogie Houser,

"It 'seems' like West coast swells are more reliable, longer-lasting, and bigger."

Wow, when did you figure that one out. Thanks for enlightening the rest of us with that keen observation. I don't think anyone knew that. Blew my mind.

Everyone on this site is either coming or going to Costa Rica........Everyone is a karate kid too( I saw that thread about "fighting/boxing" to get in shape......and lo and behold everyone is Ralph Macchio) Then everyone one in Virginia Beach lives "right down the road" from the downed Navy jet. Amazing group we have here. Hey, I'm intrigued.
    But i do live 10 minutes from there SJB.... anyway it's good to have ya back man. this forum missed you!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 757surfer View Post
    But i do live 10 minutes from there SJB.... anyway it's good to have ya back man. this forum missed you!
    Oh I wasn't saying that stuff to be a wise-arse(yes I can see how that may have looked that way) ......I'm just commenting on it in a mater-of fact way. I find the minds on this site to be fascinating in many different ways.

Well 757, Hampton Roads in the house, I'm glad you didn't get injured by any falling planes. Hey 757, do you know any of Allen Iverson's peoples? I hope you don't buy things from them !!

Oh I was being a wise-arse to Doug, though......... cause I owe him a few snaps.

And 757, thanks for your warm welcome .........Now I'm just gonna wait for the meany guys to pick up on that and get all meany on me.

Oh yeah one more observation.......in the music thread a few months back.......it was interesting how the group tried to one-up each other by claiming a more obscure band than the next guy. Like, the lesser-known the band, the cooler I am for listening to them. You find that a lot in the surf world. Look at surf mags CD reviews.....WHO THE TRUCK ARE THESE GROUPS !!! I taint never heard of them....and I'm almost positive they suck too. Led Zeppelin was the greatest band ever and I will sodomize anyone who thinks differently.