LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Surfing High

Surfing High

I happen to consider myself a heavy "tobacco" smoker. ( i dont incriminate myself online). But i do not enjoy being high in good surf. If its waist high and fun sure ill get stoned or even drunk and have a good time but once the waves get good i think it seriously effects my surfing and energy in a bad way. I was in Hawaii and got really baked and went and surfed my first reef break. First set came i didnt duck dive deep enoough and then i sat on the inside reef taking 6 waves to the head. I was scared and my board and body were scraping the reef. not a good time. paddled back in . waited till i was sober and continue.

makes small days good and big days better

Makes small days good and big days scarier

I find myself thinking about sharks alot more when i surf stoned. Especially if I'm by myself...but happy 420!

definitely fun when its small and you're just messing around on a longboard or something

Images
    Makes thigh high feel like Pipeline!!!!!!!!!!!!! orrrrrr thigh high shore break........it's all good as long as there are waves. Any kind of rideable waves.

Pulled a guy out of the water that had smoked a joint & had a beer(s) with lunch. He drowned & to make it even better he was a brand new father. If you are curious, it was a 3ft day. You are taking a chance when you mix the two. It makes you lazy, stupid & then there is that legal issue.

It makes you lazy, stupid & then there is that legal issue.
    +1 that pot makes you stupid. Exhibit A:

I happen to consider myself a heavy "tobacco" smoker. ( i dont incriminate myself online). But i do not enjoy being high in good surf. If its waist high and fun sure ill get stoned
    You don't incriminate yourself online? Two sentences later you say you get stoned. You sir have smoked yourself stupid.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Topo View Post
    Pulled a guy out of the water that had smoked a joint & had a beer(s) with lunch. He drowned & to make it even better he was a brand new father. If you are curious, it was a 3ft day. You are taking a chance when you mix the two. It makes you lazy, stupid & then there is that legal issue.
    \

looks like he cant handle doing both at once ... drinking a few beers before surfing IMO is really dumb ... I would rather get amped with a hot caffeinented beverage!

this is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard of. Its only a matter of time before you stoned surfers learn your lesson... and it will happen if you continue to thumb your nose at risk.