LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SUP's ruining North End of CB

WTF. Last swell saw the jetty in CB firing only to be ruined by a bunch of kooks riding SUP's. Hogging all the set waves and doing NOTHING on them. I guess getting within 10 feet of a barrel counts as getting tubed on an SUP. Barely doing a functional turn is ripping? What a joke. Why paddle out on those tanks and hog the most critical peak and then do NOTHING? They have ruined my favorite break, and will soon be making an appearance at yours.

I have only one question for you tri-athlete forty somethings on SUP's. What's more queer, your pink unitard, rollerblades, zumba classes, or your SUP?

Oh cool another rant about SUP'ers. And look he actually made an account just to do it.

I surf there all the time and I have never had a problem with the SUP crew. There all cool and actually spot the sets way out and let me take them. A positive attitude is essential any where you surf.

Quote Originally Posted by CB surf guy View Post
    WTF. Last swell saw the jetty in CB firing only to be ruined by a bunch of kooks riding SUP's. Hogging all the set waves and doing NOTHING on them. I guess getting within 10 feet of a barrel counts as getting tubed on an SUP. Barely doing a functional turn is ripping? What a joke. Why paddle out on those tanks and hog the most critical peak and then do NOTHING? They have ruined my favorite break, and will soon be making an appearance at yours.

I have only one question for you tri-athlete forty somethings on SUP's. What's more queer, your pink unitard, rollerblades, zumba classes, or your SUP?
    I'm 40 something and just purchased a 6'1. Between that and my fish I've logged 8 hours in the last 3 days. Guess I should've checked the inbox for the turn 40 buy a boat memo.

Images
    hey cb surf guy, and bet you a 100 that a 40 something yr. old tri athlete would kick your bad attitude punk a$$...sorry if i offended anyone, but someone like that just pisses me off...by the way im 51 yrs old and logged more hours, most likely, he has been alive...its all about stoke

I ride SUP's all the time in Hawaii. Fun on a nice rolling wave.

Everybody jumping on the guy for his obvious ignorance, but the kicker in the fine print is the fact that CB has NO JETTIES much less a jetty on the North End. HA!

btw, best swell I have ever surfed on Pleasure Island ever on Sunday. Only time I stepped foot on CB was to eat a fresh Mahi sandwich at Surf House.

You have obviously never rode a SUP, Stop *****ing about it. If you don't like where they're at go down the beach some.

SUPers unite! Us yuppies have evolved into a lean, mean, carbon fiber sweeping machine! We must destroy the prone surfer with our collective floating might! We are taking over, set by set, peak by peak. If you can't afford the high price of evolution, get out of our way. We have every right to conquer you. Go cry in your spilled milk and leave the line-ups to us haggard old, sun hat wearing, shorts over wetsuit styling, squat thrusting, Croakies on Oakly's, extreme over the hill athletes who love including SUP to our adventure repotoire... like kayaking and cross word puzzles! Old dogs rule! See you at the north end jetty.?.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Everybody jumping on the guy for his obvious ignorance, but the kicker in the fine print is the fact that CB has NO JETTIES much less a jetty on the North End. HA!

btw, best swell I have ever surfed on Pleasure Island ever on Sunday. Only time I stepped foot on CB was to eat a fresh Mahi sandwich at Surf House.
    yup, CB south was pumping on Sunday - not too crowded, plenty of unridden waves, spring suit temps, and shoulder + barrels. a fine time was had by all