LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ExtremeSpongerChicks Guest

Red face Topic swap

The break was in mavericks and there are all sorts of hazards there. From sharks to rocks to jellyfish, not to mention the "killer" size waves. A professional surfer from Japan, I do not recall his name, drowned there... its no joke. I have no desire for those size waves, though I commend all surfers and spongers that take it to the limit like that, and if they are older...thats even more commendable. Keep on ridin, it keeps you young

Mitts or claws will help with your paddling. Make sure that you are cupping your hands as you paddle, also.

Mavericks is a break in Half Moon Bay, CA. Mark Foo drowned there in 1994. He was a well known big wave surfer. They didn't hold the big wave contest during 2007, but Mavericks has blown up a few times during the fall, so maybe they'll hold it this year. The guys that ride Mavs are crazy, I give them a lot of respect. I'd never be able to do it. I have myself signed up for the Contest Greenlight through the website, like a dope LOL, so I know if it goes off. They have a live stream on the site, so I can live vicariously.

I mind-surf 50 foot waves all the same.

Images

webbed gloves

whats up everybody

I bodyboard up in the Northeast and I use excel 5mm gloves with 2mm h20 webbed gloves over them. They keep my hands extra warm and i get excellent thrust from the webbed gloves.. I also feel like they have improved my stroke and hand positioning. There not all that comfy when it comes to holding your rail and grip is sometimes an issue but definetly worth it. I picked them up for 20 buck at adventureout.com out in Santa Cruz. CA.

As for the added strain on your shoulders I really haven't noticed any...I am sure a good stretch before and after your sesh should help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dbiz135 View Post
    whats up everybody

I bodyboard up in the Northeast and I use excel 5mm gloves with 2mm h20 webbed gloves over them. They keep my hands extra warm and i get excellent thrust from the webbed gloves.. I also feel like they have improved my stroke and hand positioning. There not all that comfy when it comes to holding your rail and grip is sometimes an issue but definetly worth it. I picked them up for 20 buck at adventureout.com out in Santa Cruz. CA.

As for the added strain on your shoulders I really haven't noticed any...I am sure a good stretch before and after your sesh should help!!!
    That's good to know. I'm definitely interested in the webbed gloves so I'm hoping to rest up my shoulder for a while and wait for the water to get back up over 60 degrees before I go out again, I'll give them a try then.