Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

Strip your wax before selling your boards

I don't understand why people leave gross crusty wax when trying to sell boards..you are just making your board look less valuable.

Or trying to hide something..

Pure laziness!

1. strip wax with wax comb flat edge

2. use foam dust from shapers bay to remove the rest. it grabs the wax up perfectly.

I put mine near my space heater and take old credit cards to the wax. Takes 2 minutes!

Hairdryer!!

I got kicked off a "surfing" site where a poster actually asked "How do I remove the wax from my board?". And he wasn't trolling. A lot of stupid questions like that. And when a few of the crusty experienced guys threw some monkey doo at him, the site kicked them off. I'm glad SI doesn't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by actionpants View Post
    I don't understand why people leave gross crusty wax when trying to sell boards..you are just making your board look less valuable.
    They're terrorist actionpants.... terrorists!

Images
    when I buy boards with wax on them- I always try to talk down the price way more- cause generally the boards are looking like garbage. and you say that- man this board looks like garbage.

anyways- fyi its NG for the board to use direct heat- like leaving it in the sun or a heater or any kinda heat source. Try using a cup full of hot water from your sink. it will take a few cups, but is better for the fiberglass. and actually works better and is faster then other methods, even in the middle of winter.

Images
    Two minutes in the Fl. sun and a credit card....no problem.