LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I love it when...

You tell your boss the reason you were late this morning is because of a "Dr Appointment" and all of a sudden your sinuses release a gush of water.

Weekdays: RTP / Weekends: Morehead City, NC
    Just tell'm you think you caught something on your nose. There was a lil bit of swelling, so you had to ride it out.
    The Dr. helped you flush it out.

Images
    haha i'm definitely stealing that one man^^

I got busted one time with sand in my ear.

Sand... in my ear...

Never even thought of that. Sunscreen to ward off the giveaway sunburn... check. Shirt, tie, hair combed... check. Crusty salt boogers cleared... check.

Sand in the ear? Damn!
    Last edited by LBCrew; Apr 24, 2012 at 01:17 AM.

none of my coworkers know i surf. i plan to keep it that way..see how long itll last

Quote Originally Posted by cheese View Post
    none of my coworkers know i surf. i plan to keep it that way..see how long itll last
    Its best to keep it that way. Especially to your supervisors.

Surfing is something that i kinda do as a personal thing, only my wife sees how really stoked I get after a good surf. I know some people who absolutely have to keep talking, facebook status'ing, tweeting about it though.

Images
    you have to rotate your get-out-of-work-coz-there's-a-swell excuses, to keep them fresh throughout the year...
    the emergency dental appointment is useful and can even be used more than once with effectiveness (broke the tooth, had the emergency visit, and then have to go back in two weeks [or whenever the next time there's waves] to have the permanent crown put in)...have to stay home to meet the cable guy/plumber or some other critical tradesman....pre-school age child has a fever (this one also can be used multiple times)...death of a relative will give you that no-questions-asked day or two off (although be careful not to kill of the same relative twice) and so on. timing is critical - nothing worse than blowing a really great excuse on a mediocre swell.

I've had about 8 grandparents die. Almost all of them in September and October.

Images
    +1 on the root canal excuse. That gets you like 3 sessions over a 4-6 week period. I've had two root canals in the past 18 months. Try to back it up by always leaving candy wrappers around the office....

Weekdays: RTP / Weekends: Morehead City, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Funk/Duke of Cool View Post
    I've had about 8 grandparents die. Almost all of them in September and October.
    ROFL Almost spit coffee on my keyboard.