LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fml

Quote Originally Posted by 757surfer View Post
    I was trying to but a lot of things going on at school and home prevented that. I wish.....
    I'm just gonna start planning ahead for next year around this same time because for the last couple years now we have had a major swell in or around the second to last weeks in april. remember last year was like the 20th or something like that and it fired? i scored on that day too
    Sounds like you've got your priorities in order and driven to succeed no matter the cost. that's tough to come by these days. I watched my brother-in-law work thru many good east coast swells while I skipped classes and surfed when in college. While I got my degree, he's in Indo right now on a trip around the world (for a year) and I'm stoked that I just caught hatteras at 1/10th the epic scale of the wave he's surfing right now. Putting things into pespective for you. You're on the right track. Don't loose focus but stay wet too.

I've been seriously considering that Scobey. Do you think i could find a job pretty quickly with an Earth and Environmental Sciences Degree (Bach. or Science) and a couple minors? i mean i'm honestly down to work anything that i could live on but i'm just curious. and blacks is on my list of waves to surf before I die (well at least if the locals let me get one haha)
    I'm okay now everybody. just a little worked up. thank you for the positive vibes though. i hope they get returned to you in some way shape or form
    Grad school at Scripps

What pics? I just relocated away from VB, but I'm not surprised you get a good swell right when I leave. not bitter though, I surfed last Sunday in Jax Beach and it was long period peelers with the storm moving away from the coast.

I missed it too, had to work...I haven't surfed since the middle of March down in Hatteras. Unbelievable how something so frustrating can keep you wanting more. You'll find your window, hope I can find mine.

I've been seriously considering that Scobey. Do you think i could find a job pretty quickly with an Earth and Environmental Sciences Degree (Bach. or Science) and a couple minors? i mean i'm honestly down to work anything that i could live on but i'm just curious. and blacks is on my list of waves to surf before I die (well at least if the locals let me get one haha)
    I'm okay now everybody. just a little worked up. thank you for the positive vibes though. i hope they get returned to you in some way shape or form
    Buy the one-way ticket. Do some research on potential employers and GO!
    Last edited by Scobeyville; Apr 26, 2012 at 06:21 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Scobeyville View Post
    Buy the one-way ticket. Do some research on potential employers and GO!
    Haha I will. I got two more years left in school and then I'm gone. Gotta put the hard work now so I can get that degree and go. Thanks for the advice brother man.

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    if you can't go when you should, you gotta go when you can.
    I live by that, but missed it all this time. Hoping life lets up for the mid may swell!