LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    it was a great day.

Images
    Jersey isn't even bad lol... sure we can have flat spells but so can every where else. There's usually a wave somewhere, you just have to find it and that's half the fun. I don't need a head high wave to surf.

if you were free on a monday-tuesday-wednesday morning or don't mind a big crowd and choose and get the right wave it was epic,i guess.then there's the rest of us kooks who missed it.up here it was the right place at the right time.a lot of people call overcrowded name spots and/or closeout tubes epic these days.some up here scored.more did not.many say they did after sitting in crowds and/or getting closeouts.

Even on a closout day, if you're good/lucky enough, you can still make a few. And I don't mind that at all. It's a huge adrenaline rush when it's sketchy and heavy and you're barely making it each time.

What leaves me hungry... and makes me jealous... is guys who get to surf all day. I hate getting out of the water wanting more. But, as my young friend said to me on Monday, as I was about to cut my session short, "hey... there could be NO waves." And he's right.
    Last edited by LBCrew; Apr 26, 2012 at 11:37 AM.

Cheer up guys. So you missed the best swell of 2012 so far, but hey, at least you weren't born in the Congo, right?

Sometimes it is really big and closing out, verging on unridable.

But not this time.

Images
    I mean I'd rather see pictures of what i missed for the three days...but that's coming from a guy that got it real good for an hour before work on Tuesday.

Images
    yeah we got this swell now we suffer again for a few more weeks...long distance forecast looks minimal

The sad thing is. Those are basically all throw away shots. Wait till you see the mags... Surfline/ESM (Almost Mag worthy shots.) Just a way to make money off your bad shots. Go look at some of Seth's on TWSurf.