LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: neck rash

neck rash

I have the Patagonia R3 with dual neck gaskets. It fits great everywhere except the neck. I get a rash everytime I wear it even with a rashguard underneath. I'm thinking of trimming off the top 1 cm with some sharp scissors to see if that helps. Is there a better way to fix this? Thanks in advance for the input.

Images
    unless you know how to sew i would never cut a wetsuit. try rubbing Vaseline on your neck before you go out. Lube never hurts!

is it rude if I laugh at you because your $600 wetsuit is rashing you up? Because I did......

fashion over function anybody?

4. man up bro

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    is it rude if I laugh at you because your $600 wetsuit is rashing you up? Because I did......

fashion over function anybody?
    Patagonia is overpriced hype as many surf products are IMHO

You guys are hilarious. The suit was a gift, one leftover from a bulk purchase being tested by a gov't organization. My own experience shows the neck is too tight. I'll try the lube first. Thanks for the tip

Quote Originally Posted by surfX View Post
    The suit was a gift, one leftover from a bulk purchase being tested by a gov't organization.
    and to think some people believe the gov't is wasteful with our tax dollars

You either want the wetsuit to stick like glue, or slide effortlessly.

I would never put vasoline in my wetsuit, but a lot of people say they do. Before I'd do that, I'd try taping my neck.

This stuff is made for wetsuits...

http://www.bodyglide.com/#/products/liquified_powder

If all else fails, and you're about to cut the suit, before you do, try scuffing up the area that bugs you with 80 grit 'till it's soft and fuzzy.

do not ever use VASELINE on a wetsuit. Remember that time you used vaseline and a condom when you were banging your girlfriend?....and now you have a kid? Same thing will happen. Sort of. Not the best example. But petroleum products will degrade rubbers including synthetics like neoprene, so don't do it.

head hunter rash gel. works great