LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fml

Images

Fml

I can't believe i missed this damn swell monday. The more and more pictures i see, the an]grier i get at my self... this picture can only sum up my emotions and anger at myself.....http://www.myfacewhen.net/view/1664-...2eb07623f0fd92
    Goddamn classes... I couldn't skip them because i had an exam, a quiz, and a project.
    To the point of this thread... did anybody else miss this swell because of a decent excuse or was I the only one?
    Please feel free to vent and/or call me a dumbass. No offense will be taken because I obviously a loser...
    And to everybody, I am not going to physically maim myself or kill myself over this. I'm actually a really happy person stoked on life and surfing. It's just when it's been so bad and then this happens and I can't get on it when i'm all over everything else. I just wanna kick myself. Sorry for the rant

I missed it too, you are not alone. Work obligations and could not swing a Jersey trip. Don't sweat it. Everyone misses a swell sometimes. Most likely you will miss another one in the future too.

Got fun surf Sunday and Today to make up for it, though. Been waves for days now.

Should have planned ahead like me. i was in the library until 3am for 3 nights class week in preparation for the swell. What is this, amateur hour?

welcome to adulthood....get used to it.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GnarActually View Post
    Should have planned ahead like me. i was in the library until 3am for 3 nights class week in preparation for the swell. What is this, amateur hour?
    I was trying to but a lot of things going on at school and home prevented that. I wish.....
    I'm just gonna start planning ahead for next year around this same time because for the last couple years now we have had a major swell in or around the second to last weeks in april. remember last year was like the 20th or something like that and it fired? i scored on that day too
    Last edited by 757surfer; Apr 25, 2012 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    welcome to adulthood....get used to it.
    Yep - unfortunately sad but true. I missed it because of work and not being able to swing a trip to Jersey after. Also pulled a muscle in my leg surfing Sunday, but would have certainly tried it out on Monday/Tuesday if I was independently wealthy.

Images
    I just had stitches removed, and had to miss the swell as well... The next good swell is just around the corner, it always is...

if the stars align and I get to surf once a week its a good week. Most of NY breaks hate west/WSW winds........

Just learn to accept where you live and your situation. Just imagine the guys in Santa Cruz.....no wonder they have such high unemployment!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by surfsolo View Post
    if the stars align and I get to surf once a week its a good week. Most of NY breaks hate west/WSW winds........

Just learn to accept where you live and your situation. Just imagine the guys in Santa Cruz.....no wonder they have such high unemployment!
    haha i bet. And i kinda have at his point in my life and i have decided that I'm gonna transplant myself somewhere with waves when I can or hopefully get a job after school. thanks for the optimism though. makes me feel better

Had to work, and had obligations after... so I only had about an hour to hit my local. Too bad... it was soooo much better down the road. But... like I always say... if you can't go when you should, you gotta go when you can.