LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yeah the pearson arrow is exactly as you said, allot of rocker and tight pintail, I got it on craiglist a a few years ago, I hadn't brought it out in a while so I thought I'd give it a try.

by onshore wind I mean the wind was coming off the land, that's not discouraging I was unsure about it but had the time and really wanted to get out after so long. Yeah there were 8 people out there and two were getting regular waves.

Quote Originally Posted by lalit View Post
    by onshore wind I mean the wind was coming off the land,
    that's offshore homie

(Stoked then Frustrated)So check it out,get off early Friday.Grab my board,and my bag.Roll up to my spot.Forgot my suit on my couch.Newbie move and super bummed.At least it wasn't good down there.That commercial comes on last night when that chick rolls up to the beach in her is suv and tells the dude it looks good out there.My wife looks over to me and says I forgot my suit thou,Hahaha.

I despise that commercial

Quote Originally Posted by Bronze Whaler View Post
    I despise that commercial
    If you ask me that board doesn't have enough foam for that chick.

Okay day

I was there from 7 until 2 on Wed. Swellinfo had it as a 2ft clean day. It was cleaner until about 10. A crosswind picked up and made it fairly choppy for the rest of the time, however it was very clean when the wind died down a couple of times and I enjoyed some nice rides.
    I've been a bodyboarder for 30 yrs, but transitioned to a surfboard two years ago. After experiencing what you've described numerous times on very nice 9'8''--being out and catching nothing--I decided to go to a surf camp and it was a total game changer. Learned how to read the sets so I didn't waste as much energy paddling for trash waves. I also used a 12ft surftech softtop with stoked success that I purchased one after I got back east, and am glad I did. The longer board gives a faster hull speed.

I don't live close either, therefore I need something that will give me every advantage whenever I can get down. Was out on a really trashy, foggy cold day in March and still caught some rides. Softtops get a bad rap from a lot of surfers, but mine transformed me. Wed was an okay day. Timing was everything. Had to take a couple extra paddles to catch them, then you had to get up really quick or go over the falls. Aloha and Mahalo. Hope to see you there sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by lalit View Post
    I went out to assateague yesterday and was not able to get on a single wave after an hour and half! I've only been out two other times since september or october when it seemed like I was starting to progress and having a blast.

Having said that I was stoked not only to be out again but also there were a couple guys out there, I didn't get a chance to say hello, that were really inspiring, cross stepping and making me want to keep it up.

I"m dying to move closer to water and get more time out.

yeah what he said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronze Whaler View Post
    that's offshore homie

8. Quote Originally Posted by Pursuitofhappiness View Post
    I was there from 7 until 2 on Wed. Swellinfo had it as a 2ft clean day. It was cleaner until about 10. A crosswind picked up and made it fairly choppy for the rest of the time, however it was very clean when the wind died down a couple of times and I enjoyed some nice rides.
    I've been a bodyboarder for 30 yrs, but transitioned to a surfboard two years ago. After experiencing what you've described numerous times on very nice 9'8''--being out and catching nothing--I decided to go to a surf camp and it was a total game changer. Learned how to read the sets so I didn't waste as much energy paddling for trash waves. I also used a 12ft surftech softtop with stoked success that I purchased one after I got back east, and am glad I did. The longer board gives a faster hull speed.

I don't live close either, therefore I need something that will give me every advantage whenever I can get down. Was out on a really trashy, foggy cold day in March and still caught some rides. Softtops get a bad rap from a lot of surfers, but mine transformed me. Wed was an okay day. Timing was everything. Had to take a couple extra paddles to catch them, then you had to get up really quick or go over the falls. Aloha and Mahalo. Hope to see you there sometime.
    I didn't realize they made a 12 board that doesn't come with a paddle ...

It's narrower and thinner than a SUP. The shape design is a Mickey Munoz. I wanted an 11', but Dept of Goods had this one for a steal. I know it's not everyone's ride, but because it works in such varied conditions (from the clean 8 footers we saw at Assateague in the fall to Wed's conditions), I'm a believer....and my kids can ride in front of me on it. Perfect for what I do and why I'm there....rides, glides and camaraderie. You guys have any tips, please pass them along! See you there! Here's a link showing what's available.
    http://shop.surftech.com/s.nl/sc.12/category.62871/.f