LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Images

Your rituals, good/bad habits

Post your rituals and good/bad habits..

My bad habit is not stretching before hand...I usually feel putting on the suit and a little jog to the waters edge is good enough. I don't really have any rituals before I go out besides check all the beaches extensively before I go out.

drink alot of liquids, eat something light, stretch, pack a fat bowl (if waves are bad)

Images
    my ritual is always blasting music while im driving down to the beach and my bad habit is probably overfrothing. This means i always paddle way too hard and fast to get out into the lineup when i first get there. i'm sorry haha, i'm just stoked!!

Images
    im gonna say my bad habit would be being sooo stoked on any waves that i paddle out at the first place i check..given that i dont drive and rely on my bike (15 yo) but still

Images
    I couldn't say it better.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocsurf21 View Post
    drink alot of liquids, eat something light, stretch, pack a fat bowl (if waves are bad)

Surfing to the point of being on the disabled list for work/school/life the day after or after the session. 10 hr sessions can put ya behind a bit but its a good thing.

Clif builder bar washed down with coconut water. Swell conditions and what I'm going to ride drives the tunes.

Bad habits... like the OP said, not stretching and telling myself getting into my suit and jogging down the beach is good enough. Also... tripping over my leash on that same jog, not waiting to take a good crap before a pre-dawn sesh, and coming home later than I promised.

Rituals... Gfootr said it best... swell and board choice determine the tunes. Also... coffee, sunscreen, and usually a banana or granola bar and bottle of water.

Images
    My only ritual is stretching. Longer stretches the bigger the waves are.

Images
    I usually get a little stretching in on the beach before I head out. Watch the lineup a little, figure out whos ripping out there and the best spot for me to sit.

My bad habit is always wondering if its better at another spot. When its crowded during the summer/fall I spend way to much time spot checking trying to find an empty peak. Sometimes I drive around for like an hour and end up back at the first spot I checked. Lately I've been working on that and just checking my number one spot and nowhere else.