LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 46
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chadwick
    Posts
    1,318
    billabong money is correct,plus,only if you are sponsored and think you are better than us kooks can you wear a bright wetsuit.my kooky brightly colored resin-tint deck boards are against the rules of the good surfers.i need to get clear boards and scribble bright really cool things on it.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Carolina Beach , NC
    Posts
    96
    If I am in a wetsuit, it is an Xcel. They fit me well, keep me warm, and are super stretchy and soft. That aside, wear want you want if it works for you man....Happy wave riding.....

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Belford, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    149
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbreak View Post
    billabong money is correct,plus,only if you are sponsored and think you are better than us kooks can you wear a bright wetsuit.my kooky brightly colored resin-tint deck boards are against the rules of the good surfers.i need to get clear boards and scribble bright really cool things on it.
    Check yourself, toolbag. Where does it say "only if i am sponsored and if i think i am better then swellinfo forum users then i can wear a bright wetsuit."

    I hope someone paddles up to you in a bright highlighter yellow wetsuit and just punches you square in the face. Quit actin' like a tough guy and hating on sponsored surfers who "wear colored wetsuits" or "scribble bright really cool things" on their board.

  4. #24
    Maybe it's just me, but I'm going to buy a wetsuit based on its tech specs rather than the color scheme.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    in the grace of the most holy FSM
    Posts
    3,177
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPREME View Post
    Check yourself, toolbag. Where does it say "only if i am sponsored and if i think i am better then swellinfo forum users then i can wear a bright wetsuit."

    I hope someone paddles up to you in a bright highlighter yellow wetsuit and just punches you square in the face. Quit actin' like a tough guy and hating on sponsored surfers who "wear colored wetsuits" or "scribble bright really cool things" on their board.
    LMFAO!


  6. #26
    Sorry if someone felt offended, not my intention...

    Did anyone check the suit's specs in the site?

    "TECH for your up coming models....lots of things to use and abuse with JANGA in the water.....Ballistic tape, airprene, Super composite S, and some sick YoYo fabric linning..."

    I don't have my suit yet and I'm not a top rider!
    But beside the design that I like (everyone has his personnal taste), everyone that buys this suits says that they are equal to the top one's.

    Check the site, they have riders from USA, Australia, Germany (!), Brazil and they all say the same.

    It's the first time that I saw something like this, the fact that we wear something different doesn't mean nothing!
    For sure when I went to the water with mine everyone will think that I'm something special and I suck!
    But I will feel good... That's for me the most important, to feel good in the water.
    How many boards are sold plain blank? 99% have some design and don't you guys tell me that for the same model you don't choose the one that has the design that you like more.

    A black and white suit is extravagant???? Please...

    But a glow green suit for sure will pull away any shark

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by sheetglass View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I'm going to buy a wetsuit based on its tech specs rather than the color scheme.
    Fully agree! But with that we can had some style
    I'm not talking about the red and yellow suit...

  8. #28
    I'm not sure of your relationship to this company, but here's my perspective on the whole matter. When you buy something you hope will perform a specific function, it's important that the product be able to do that. I'm not saying that these suits won't keep you warm and aren't great suits, but when their primary selling point is that they're fashionable, It makes me wonder. 'Was this product designed with more in mind of its form or its function?' With a wetsuit, I want something that will keep me warm, is durable, and stretchy. If it looks good, that's great, but that's not why I'm going to buy it. Form can follow function, and should, but it shouldn't be a greater priority. If given a choice between two, I'll buy the one with the functional design philosophy 100% of the time.

    But hey, that's just me. If someone wants to buy your--err--their suits, more power to them.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,457
    Images
    5
    One of the main reasons that wetsuits are used is to stay warm. Black is the best color to achieve that goal. Any other color takes away some level of warmth and to me makes a suit less practical. Not only that but light colors get dirty and believe me laying on a surfboard will force all kinds of stains into a wetsuit. I just got back from a trip to el salvador and was wearing a new white rash guard over new wax the whole time. That rash guard is disgusting looking now after only 8 days.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chadwick
    Posts
    1,318
    sorry SUPREME,not hating,just agreeing with billabong money about how creative and original surfers aren't,but used to be.guess i hit a nerve,sorry,just giving my opinion about how weird the 'look at me' suits are,and the scribbling and neon board painting.scribble and paint away,everybody else is.why be different when you can conform to surfer coolness?