LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Images

Talking Indian River South side question

Yo, I went to indian river on tuesday to check it out and it is at least 3 feet bigger than Ocean city. But, it was high tide and it was really close to shore. Does anybody know if indian river south side ever moves off the shore. Like is it even rideable or is it to dangerous. I saw some pictures on here from Indian River and they are out like 10 feet, when do you go to get it like that? Also, it seemed like the waved crashed a little further out near the rocks, is that true or is it the same. I live in Fenwick so I am inbetween the good beaches. Its either near the inlet in OC or somewhere in delaware. I would love to hear something about Indian river. Peace.

Locals only...

haha, no. It is a great place to go but it has really gotten beat up in the past couple of years so the beach is really steep. A lot of the time, the surfability heavily depends on the tide there. I'm pretty sure south side is almost always sketchy for surfing in bigger swells. North Side isn't so dumpy. The last really decent swell I surfed there was Ernesto.

Images
    you can surf the south side ?!#?

Images
    If you surf SS (should you actually find it to work and GET TO KNOW ITS FICKLE ASS) this ...
    WILL HAPPEN!

LMAO

The only Person I've seen surf SS WELL is Colin H.
    He's had a few guys "in tow' a few times that surfed it "o.k."
    but I could sence they where 'timid' and really choosy about waves selected...
    were as Colin will take str8t up deamon Boogr waves and just SLAY THEM<Granted he grew up at the spot on a boogie
    But it will be what it's always has been
    a fickle ,picky , touchy spot...to the point of

WAIT FOR IT!

NON~EXISTANT!!!!
    Last edited by OCSpongR; Jan 5, 2008 at 01:54 AM.

Images
    Used to surf SS all the time in the mid-1990s was a fun left off the jetty until they started dredging the sand out and pumping it over to the NS...

Images

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by oipaul View Post
    Used to surf SS all the time in the mid-1990s was a fun left off the jetty until they started dredging the sand out and pumping it over to the NS...
    Why the hell would they do that. That is total ****. That made south side suck and north side have a huge sandbar.

Nothing positive can come out of this thread...

WOW. Right with ya Tice!

The legend of south side is over. The beach is not the same. When south side was good most of us were about 5-10 years old. Now, dumps shows life once in a very full moon. Dumps is just the crappy reminance of once what exsisted. With that being said, Collin surfs dumps because its his home break. He loves it. But the truth is, it breaks perfect about once a year, and maybee rideable 4 or 5 times. HERE IS THE REAL DEAL STRAIGHT FORWARD. IT'S ALWAYS BETTER SOMEWHERE ELSE. I PROMISE. THAT PLACE IS MORE OF A SHRINE FOR THE FEW WHO LOVE IT. So don't go, Its a waste of a time, and when it does get good you won't like it!

Images

The last time. . .

. . . I saw south side with a decent sized swell that was ridable was on a super 8 movie that Jack Crosby had shot back in the mid seventies. Jack used to own B.B. Bombers on 8th street in OCM. If you can catch up to him, ask him if he's still got that movie. They weren't neck breaking suck up shorebreaks either. But then I guess that was before your time now wasn't it?