LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 98
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ocean city
    Posts
    218
    Images
    13

    Angry Yo

    Quote Originally Posted by MDSurfer View Post
    . . . I saw south side with a decent sized swell that was ridable was on a super 8 movie that Jack Crosby had shot back in the mid seventies. Jack used to own B.B. Bombers on 8th street in OCM. If you can catch up to him, ask him if he's still got that movie. They weren't neck breaking suck up shorebreaks either. But then I guess that was before your time now wasn't it?
    Yo, Why do older surfers have to be such @ss holes to younger surfers. We should learn from the old, not fight with them. People that hate other surfers or bodyboarders should not be allowed to surf and I think I speak for everyone when I say this.
    Last edited by jimbo_robinson; Jan 4, 2008 at 08:06 PM.

  2. #12
    he's just upset that he could break a hip on those "heavy scary waves"

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by OBlove View Post
    HERE IS THE REAL DEAL STRAIGHT FORWARD. IT'S ALWAYS BETTER SOMEWHERE ELSE. I PROMISE. THAT PLACE IS MORE OF A SHRINE FOR THE FEW WHO LOVE IT. So don't go, Its a waste of a time, and when it does get good you won't like it!
    I hear you on that, definatley the straight facts!! especially the last statement...

  4. #14
    Hey if it's ridable its better then working..Right now Im on the Gulf side of FL and i was able to ride a wind break yesterday at holmes beach. I mean when you dont get to ride you appreciate the smallest ones. I mean im always glad to see nice clean breaking waves but if u dont want to ride the garabage you have no respect for the days where is big and clean.

  5. #15
    you knew it was coming just from the Title.

    To recap the main points of the thread before it is dead,....we hope.

    "Nothing positive can come out of this thread..."

    "<<<<<<and Tommy already quoted>>>>>>" ......."OBlove"<<<<what he said.

    4 to 5 times a year is as close as it gets to working as you would want it to.

    when it does work for those few times and few hours it sure is a sight to see, very real deal in many respects, for around these parts.

    But over all very few takers.

    without pissing off those few that have made it look good and there home over the years, it is over... ...rated. Try to undetsand what I mean by that and do not take it the wrong way. The RESPECT IS THERE FOR THOSE WHO DARE.

    Of course those few who do,.. do not have anything to prove to anyone, they do not talk the talk, they walk the walk. That is why they get the exposure and respect that the place earns those few times.

    S.S. is only in your imagination. It is not real, so.. as has already been said, it is best to just go elsewhere. Instead of wasting your time.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ocean city
    Posts
    218
    Images
    13

    Talking I worked with you

    Quote Originally Posted by tommyh View Post
    I hear you on that, definatley the straight facts!! especially the last statement...
    You I worked with you washing dishes over the summer. I was the new guy there. I quit like a couple days after you did. Ha, that job fukin blowed. I'm going to work on a beach stand next summer. Yo, I learn so much more stuff over the summer. I can manuever, reverse and forward, el rollo, air, and reverse air spin. Cool to hear from you, peace. Yo, did you ever make that video you were talking about?
    Last edited by jimbo_robinson; Jan 5, 2008 at 01:45 AM.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ocean City, MD
    Posts
    975
    Images
    951
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo_robinson View Post
    Yo, Why do older surfers have to be such @ss holes to younger surfers. We should learn from the old, not fight with them. People that hate other surfers or bodyboarders should not be allowed to surf and I think I speak for everyone when I say this.
    Actually, I don't have to. . . you do that so very well for yourself. I intended no disrespect whatsoever. I was only offering a source of footage of what most would consider classic SS, before Jetty extension and before beach pumping. Less is always more.
    Suffice to say, and the reference will surely escape you. . ."Ya realllllllly missed it Mate! Ya shoulda been [there] yesterdai." Or more likely, a generation ago. You are surely welcome to enjoy South Side Indian River all to yourself. You deserve it and all the bodily trauma that it may impart because it can be a very dangerous break, but rarely as dangerous as Gas Chambers in PR.

  8. #18
    ss is a wave you have to respect when its firing , like everyone said it happens very seldom. and if you dont respect it, it will make you pay dearly. i have dislocated a jaw, shoulder and sprained my ankle a few times, not to mention all the kooky tourons that leave on a back-board. so in conclusion unless you can really surf good. dont surf ss
    its more of a sponge wave anyways

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ocean city
    Posts
    218
    Images
    13

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by tom View Post
    ss is a wave you have to respect when its firing , like everyone said it happens very seldom. and if you dont respect it, it will make you pay dearly. i have dislocated a jaw, shoulder and sprained my ankle a few times, not to mention all the kooky tourons that leave on a back-board. so in conclusion unless you can really surf good. dont surf ss
    its more of a sponge wave anyways
    Ya, I don't surf I bodyboard. So do you think I is decent for that.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo_robinson View Post
    You I worked with you washing dishes over the summer. I was the new guy there. I quit like a couple days after you did. Ha, that job fukin blowed. I'm going to work on a beach stand next summer. Yo, I learn so much more stuff over the summer. I can manuever, reverse and forward, el rollo, air, and reverse air spin. Cool to hear from you, peace. Yo, did you ever make that video you were talking about?
    You talking to me? if so you have me confused with someone else, I haven't worked in a restaurant for about 3 years...