LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MDSurfer View Post
    but rarely as dangerous as Gas Chambers in PR.
    Gas Chambers is in Hawaii not Puerto Rico.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikedub View Post
    Gas Chambers is in Hawaii not Puerto Rico.
    and in puerto rico

Images
    orly I didn't know that, I stand corrected. But I bet he was talking about the one in Hawaii.
    Last edited by mikedub; Jan 5, 2008 at 05:19 PM.

Images

Gas Chambers . . .

. . . is just to the right of Crashboat, breaking right in front of a pretty hairy cliff. Very little room for error.

Skim shady

The only thing SSIRI is consistant for is skimboarding, But in the summer the guards barley allow it, even outside the flags... The beach has a nice grade down into the shorbreak, i've seen alot of guys get some nice air there. But as for surfing, I tried once.... it was about 5 ft, and i got POUNDED into the sand, never to return..... except to skim

Images
    "Before your time"...don't age yourself MD:-)

I feel old enoug!

Images
    getting ss good is all about experience & knowing what swells, winds, etc will work there. that comes from actually putting the time in @ the break & not the exposure from 1 good swell that surfline has put online making every casual rider think it's a normal thing. if it is good & your a new face in the lineup there are many regular locals that you will have to settle for leftovers from.

as far as the older guys getting along with the younger generation, it's not generally the older guys being jerks, it's just that they have put in their time over the years & have seen the young aggro groms come & go & don't feel it's necessary to place a big welcome mat out for every new face in the lineup & it's very understandable for doing so. we remember when we knew pretty much every face in the lineup winter & summer 20+ years ago.

you rule!

chuck white kills it. i learned alot from this guy over the years. i ride glass, he rides bodyboarders, and he is still one of my favorite surfers anywhere. you little craps need to listen to him! remember, don't go to south side, it's crap!

Images

Talking chil

Quote Originally Posted by OBlove View Post
    chuck white kills it. i learned alot from this guy over the years. i ride glass, he rides bodyboarders, and he is still one of my favorite surfers anywhere. you little craps need to listen to him! remember, don't go to south side, it's crap!
    You need to relax. People like you spaz out way to easy. I did not mean any harm, you guys just want to turn it into a fight. I was just curious of how the beach is and you guys go insain. You can't just answer a question. You have to go off saying that younger kids are little dushes. I hate people that spend all of there time just trying to pick a fight. Just chill, I mean no harm, but you guys do. Normally people on the east coast are really chill and not @ss holes, but you guys are kind of changing that right now. Expecally older guys. They are always the once that want to help the younger generation out, but not you. Anyway you need to relax bud

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Nothing positive can come out of this thread...
    looks like that prediction came true