LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Images
    jimbo,

no one else is laughing. please keep the posts informative, so that the forum can be used in a useful way rather than full of crap.

or else we'll be forced to get out the moderation stick.

Images

hahahhahahaha

i'm still laughing, but i understand what you are saying. my b

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MDSurfer View Post
    . . . I saw south side with a decent sized swell that was ridable was on a super 8 movie that Jack Crosby had shot back in the mid seventies. Jack used to own B.B. Bombers on 8th street in OCM. If you can catch up to him, ask him if he's still got that movie. They weren't neck breaking suck up shorebreaks either. But then I guess that was before your time now wasn't it?
    Mr. Crosby was one of my teachers in high school! I saw him a few years ago at an ESA comp that his son was doing, but haven't seen him since. How is he doing???

Images

Jack Crosby

I saw he and his sons at 46th street last spring. Jack has to use a cane full time from what he told me, but he's still shuttling his sons to surf sessions. I believe he's still actively teaching art in Delaware. Was he your art teacher at the original BMS, or when he moved to a Delaware Christian school? Jack is, and always was an A+ guy, and he did a lot for surfing over the years. I think we should nominate him as a Surfrider "Legend" this year, what do you think? He's not currently surfing because of his medical issues, but he truly embodies what it means to give back to the sport. He's got my vote.

Images

Jack

I grew up with Jack and can remember the days when him, my two brothers, and I where about the only guys surfing in the 70th street area. I couldn't agree with you more, great guy, in and out of the water. I see him from time to time on the beach watching his son surf, and I know he'd be out there with us if he could. It reminds me everyday to be thankful that you still have what you have. Enjoy it while it lasts!!!

This thread has some humor to it, everyone seems to think that the entire world is reading this, in reality it is just people who CAN SURF and live in the area, its not like some guy who surfs in Maine is going to read this and then just shoot down to ss on the next swell, havent people noticed that by now. In DMV there are only really 5 or so breaks and people just want the best waves so deal with it.

Definitely true. Almost everyone that is close knows about it, and the people who do not live near there, will only be there when it is decent because they have surfed there enough to be familiar with it and know when it will be good (Unless they show up by pure luck when it is going off). The fact is though, on the East Coast, when a good swell moves through, we usually go to 'our spots' because we know it will be good. We do not get enough decent swells to explore too much because we know it will be good back where we are familiar. I have been fortunate enough to make friends with people along the mid-atlantic and in new england, that have let me into their local worlds so the options become better.

ss indian river now is only mostly for sponges i wouldn't recomend goin their if u wanna surf

The last time I went to south side.

("secret spot" guard dog)

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MDSurfer View Post
    I saw he and his sons at 46th street last spring. Jack has to use a cane full time from what he told me, but he's still shuttling his sons to surf sessions. I believe he's still actively teaching art in Delaware. Was he your art teacher at the original BMS, or when he moved to a Delaware Christian school? Jack is, and always was an A+ guy, and he did a lot for surfing over the years. I think we should nominate him as a Surfrider "Legend" this year, what do you think? He's not currently surfing because of his medical issues, but he truly embodies what it means to give back to the sport. He's got my vote.
    Mr. Crosby, or "Cros" as we would call him was awesome! He taught art at Epworth Christian School in Laurel, DE, where I went to high school. I never had his class, but all of my buddies did that instead of gym (me being ADD'ed to the max had to do something where I could run around). However, I used to go sit in his class sometimes with my buddies and listen to some old school surfing stories. Definitely a good guy, and it sucks he is walking with a cane now. He was without one the last time I saw him. He would have my vote for sure!!
    Last edited by Db2k5; Jan 10, 2008 at 05:53 PM.