close ad [x]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Images

Storm coming across Atlantic from Europe

Our East Coast 180 hr. forecast shows a storm coming from the E.N.E. from Europe with a 12 to 14 sec. period swell. Isnt this kind of swell unusual? Just wondering. Thanks

where do you get a 180 hour forecast .....please

Very rare to see that. Could provide us goofy footers a decent swell if it holds. It's been about 2 years since I've seen something decent from that direction.

Where is this hitting?

Quote Originally Posted by Brode View Post
    Very rare to see that. Could provide us goofy footers a decent swell if it holds. It's been about 2 years since I've seen something decent from that direction.
    does seem like a very unusual pattern...im intrigued...

Images
    voila..my 180 hour forecast http://www.stormsurf.com/locals/virginia.shtml

OP i do see the storm that you are talking about, but idk seems kinda early to make any good calls, those things constantly change. so i wouldnt get my hopes up just yet

Quote Originally Posted by nickbeezy View Post
    voila..my 180 hour forecast http://www.stormsurf.com/locals/virginia.shtml

OP i do see the storm that you are talking about, but idk seems kinda early to make any good calls, those things constantly change. so i wouldnt get my hopes up just yet
    I admit, I'm intrigued as well. Now stop hyping it up so there is an actual swell event. Everybody just go about their business and find some wood to knock on.

I don't see any storm moving from Europe across the Atlantic. I see lows forming in the mid Atlantic and moving off toward Europe.

180hrs is a long long long time. I don't believe in anything past 96hrs and even that is a stretch. My waste mental energy on a 1/2% chance of something happening.

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    I don't see any storm moving from Europe across the Atlantic. I see lows forming in the mid Atlantic and moving off toward Europe.
    you can't look at it today... you have to look at it 'the day after' tomorrow. lol.

Place this code at the end of your tag: