LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    anywhere there is surf
    Posts
    634
    Images
    2

    Storm coming across Atlantic from Europe

    Our East Coast 180 hr. forecast shows a storm coming from the E.N.E. from Europe with a 12 to 14 sec. period swell. Isnt this kind of swell unusual? Just wondering. Thanks

  2. #2
    where do you get a 180 hour forecast .....please

  3. #3
    Very rare to see that. Could provide us goofy footers a decent swell if it holds. It's been about 2 years since I've seen something decent from that direction.

  4. #4
    Where is this hitting?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Brode View Post
    Very rare to see that. Could provide us goofy footers a decent swell if it holds. It's been about 2 years since I've seen something decent from that direction.
    does seem like a very unusual pattern...im intrigued...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    va beach
    Posts
    15
    Images
    2
    voila..my 180 hour forecast http://www.stormsurf.com/locals/virginia.shtml

    OP i do see the storm that you are talking about, but idk seems kinda early to make any good calls, those things constantly change. so i wouldnt get my hopes up just yet

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    VB via PR and HI
    Posts
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbeezy View Post
    voila..my 180 hour forecast http://www.stormsurf.com/locals/virginia.shtml

    OP i do see the storm that you are talking about, but idk seems kinda early to make any good calls, those things constantly change. so i wouldnt get my hopes up just yet
    I admit, I'm intrigued as well. Now stop hyping it up so there is an actual swell event. Everybody just go about their business and find some wood to knock on.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Monmouth Beach, NJ
    Posts
    2,429
    I don't see any storm moving from Europe across the Atlantic. I see lows forming in the mid Atlantic and moving off toward Europe.

  9. #9
    180hrs is a long long long time. I don't believe in anything past 96hrs and even that is a stretch. My waste mental energy on a 1/2% chance of something happening.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    I don't see any storm moving from Europe across the Atlantic. I see lows forming in the mid Atlantic and moving off toward Europe.
    you can't look at it today... you have to look at it 'the day after' tomorrow. lol.