LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Images

Storm coming across Atlantic from Europe

Our East Coast 180 hr. forecast shows a storm coming from the E.N.E. from Europe with a 12 to 14 sec. period swell. Isnt this kind of swell unusual? Just wondering. Thanks

where do you get a 180 hour forecast .....please

Very rare to see that. Could provide us goofy footers a decent swell if it holds. It's been about 2 years since I've seen something decent from that direction.

Where is this hitting?

Quote Originally Posted by Brode View Post
    Very rare to see that. Could provide us goofy footers a decent swell if it holds. It's been about 2 years since I've seen something decent from that direction.
    does seem like a very unusual pattern...im intrigued...

Images
    voila..my 180 hour forecast http://www.stormsurf.com/locals/virginia.shtml

OP i do see the storm that you are talking about, but idk seems kinda early to make any good calls, those things constantly change. so i wouldnt get my hopes up just yet

Quote Originally Posted by nickbeezy View Post
    voila..my 180 hour forecast http://www.stormsurf.com/locals/virginia.shtml

OP i do see the storm that you are talking about, but idk seems kinda early to make any good calls, those things constantly change. so i wouldnt get my hopes up just yet
    I admit, I'm intrigued as well. Now stop hyping it up so there is an actual swell event. Everybody just go about their business and find some wood to knock on.

I don't see any storm moving from Europe across the Atlantic. I see lows forming in the mid Atlantic and moving off toward Europe.

180hrs is a long long long time. I don't believe in anything past 96hrs and even that is a stretch. My waste mental energy on a 1/2% chance of something happening.

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    I don't see any storm moving from Europe across the Atlantic. I see lows forming in the mid Atlantic and moving off toward Europe.
    you can't look at it today... you have to look at it 'the day after' tomorrow. lol.