LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    Go to Swellinfo Wave Maps, zoom out to North Atlantic.
    The low really develops in the Central Atlantic Waters, which is not that uncommon, we just had a swell like this a couple weeks ago. These ENE ground swells are most typical in the Spring time.

It is also helpful to look at the wave period maps to see how the swell is dispersing in time.

If we're lucky and the lows form, consolidate and spin up as forecast, we should have waves for most of next week.

Not to take away from Swellinfo's awesome tools, here's another source picking on up on the same trend:

http://magicseaweed.com/msw-surf-cha...ime=1335744000

Looks like the storm of the century re-make. I'll go out on a limb and say this model is too good to be true. I hope I'm wrong.

hope this holds.

This could be.. (in my alec baldwin voice)..the perfect storm.
    not really, my guess is we get some 15 sec 2-3 footers for a few days. It is a massive area of fetch though.

I wonder if this will bring any goodness to South Florida...(fingers crossed)

Images
    not trying to diss swellinfo for not having extra long range forecast past 7 days for legit accuracy reasons, buttttttttttttttttttttt msw and surflines lola 14 day forecasts definetly have some large bumps showing past monday

Its a series of 3 areas of Low Pressure. 2 upper level lows and a surface low. There is a low area of pressure stalled off Europe due to the blocking high over middle of Europe. The low that may produce us a 2-3ft medium period swell is the upper level low moving up into Greenland right now. There is an Arctic area of high pressure that will force that upper level low back down and will combine with the surface low heading out to sea tomorrow. This upper level low than will be come a cut off low. It will be blocked in by the stalled low off Europe. As this is happening the Arctic high will push the low down and will hover out our way on friday than move off to into Europe as the Area of high pressure pulls further out to sea. This event should not make much if any. Looking out into the long range there maybe a NE swell for people north of Cape Cod on Monday, Tuesday (7,8 of May) The best way to think of something like this is gears. You have one big gear turning clock wise above to other gears moving counter clock wise below it.

500mb Map. Thats wind you see not swell. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by NJ!; Apr 30, 2012 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ! View Post
    Its a series of 3 areas of Low Pressure. 2 upper level lows and a surface low. There is a low area of pressure stalled off Europe due to the blocking high over middle of Europe. The low that may produce us a 2-3ft medium period swell is the upper level low moving up into Greenland right now. There is an Arctic area of high pressure that will force that upper level low back down and will combine with the surface low heading out to sea tomorrow. This upper level low than will be come a cut off low. It will be blocked in by the stalled low off Europe. As this is happening the Arctic high will push the low down and will hover out our way on friday than move off to into Europe as the Area of high pressure pulls further out to sea. This event should not make much if any. Looking out into the long range there maybe a NE swell for people north of Cape Cod on Monday, Tuesday (7,8 of May) The best way to think of something like this is gears. You have one big gear turning clock wise above to other gears moving counter clock wise below it.

500mb Map. Thats wind you see not swell. Hope this helps.
    Well, you pretty much just killed this thread and anyone's hopes for being in a good mood for the rest of the week.