LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by surftb15 View Post
    would much rather drop in on an 8 foot beach then an 8 foot reef break...that's just me though.
    no way...8ft reef is waaaayyyy more makeable & way more fun than your average 8ft beachie!

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    no way...8ft reef is waaaayyyy more makeable & way more fun than your average 8ft beachie!
    Maybe..but I have hit so many reef heads out of nowhere over the last year, now I hate reef breaks.
    for a beachie, you just set the rail or eat sh!t.

well, i would disagree w/ this. i tried a bunch of different fin combos in my bing puck before settling on a pg-7/pc-3 front/rear combo & much of that testing was in surf waist high & smaller & i could definitely tell the difference between the various fin combos i rode. same w/ different fins in my longboard...10" greenough 4A is the best fin for it, & i rarely ride it in anything over waist high.
    Did you use that fin setup in bigger surf yet?

Quote Originally Posted by surfsuprick2012 View Post
    So I have a Von Sol Shadow. 5'8. I use the quad fin set up along with the nubster.
    nubster? How do you like it?
    Kind of defeats the purpose of a quad though?

well, i would disagree w/ this. i tried a bunch of different fin combos in my bing puck before settling on a pg-7/pc-3 front/rear combo & much of that testing was in surf waist high & smaller & i could definitely tell the difference between the various fin combos i rode. same w/ different fins in my longboard...10" greenough 4A is the best fin for it, & i rarely ride it in anything over waist high.
    so how do you like that bing puck? hows it ride in small jersey beach break? been looking at some minisimmons-esque boards recently and possibly looking to pick one up for the summer. how is it with the quad. wasnt really a fan of a quad i had in the past but i didnt mess around with the fins too much.

At first i was a bit sketchy on the idea, but really since I have been riding it..it's awesome. I wouldnt say it defeats the purpose of a quad as it adds more stability to the tail in bigger surf

Quote Originally Posted by SJerzSrfr View Post
    so how do you like that bing puck? hows it ride in small jersey beach break? been looking at some minisimmons-esque boards recently and possibly looking to pick one up for the summer. how is it with the quad. wasnt really a fan of a quad i had in the past but i didnt mess around with the fins too much.
    i love that thing! so fast & fun, even in the most gutless of surf...like i said, it took a little experimenting to tweak the set up & find what works best...but w/ a tail that wide, a larger rear fins is the call. i have a feeling i'll be riding this board a lot this summer (once i get it back from jamie...)

surftb15: i haven't had it out in larger surf w/ the pg-7/pc-3 combo yet, but i've ridden it in head-high surf w/ a mr-tx/g-x combo & that worked pretty well, just a little too much slide in the tail through turns (a bigger problem at high speeds than at the lower speeds associated w/ smaller waves).

nubster? How do you like it?
    Kind of defeats the purpose of a quad though?

though i've never ridden board w/ a nubster, the theory is sound...check this out:

http://vimeo.com/40962221

though i've never ridden board w/ a nubster, the theory is sound...check this out:

http://vimeo.com/40962221
    Thanks for the video. my new board is 3+4 setup, though I wonder if that nubster fits into a regular fin box?

Thanks for the video. my new board is 3+4 setup, though I wonder if that nubster fits into a regular fin box?
    by "regular fin box" do you mean like the center box of a longboard? b/c if so, i believe you can buy an adapter so that it will accept fcs fins.